Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

switching, not upgrading

crunk

i gat a 400 watt metal halide over my 5 gallon pentagon, i don't want to put it over my ten though because that's too much light.

or do i?

i just got back from a club meeting and i got another ten gallon that i'll be using for quarintine, an aquaclear powerhead 402, two blue suede guppies title "elvis guppies," and an african dwarf frog for $21.

i'll probably switch the new powerhead with the rio 600, for more flow.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great job so far superman!

I think I would get 150W MH pendent instead of 70W. They cost practically same, and it gives you more options on corals and upgrades later. If you think 150W would be too much then you can just hang it higher.

As for your feather duster, I bet you the head has been long gone and you are just worrying about empty tube. Although I do hope i am wrong!

Post some pics! It will entice more people to post!

the feather duster is definately in its tube, the tube is kind of transparent and i can see the little guy. he's only a few inches long.

i'm working on the pictures. my mom is doing something with the camera and its taking forever. i'm about to delete all the pics on the card and take pics of my tank.

c'mon people, use your imagination.

did i mention the clam is 4 1/2"? he's big.

got my first sps. i got an extremely green cap frag and a montipora digi (i think). i got them for a pretty good deal from bluemanta on reef central. they were actually free with a donation. i also moved the clam onto the rocks again, just because.

damit!!! i came home from school to find my anenome even smaller. after adding the new 402 powerhead, the anemone moved a little and i thought it had stopped. now it is shriveled up and looks bad. i'm so mad right now. i want to take it out and throw it on the ground and stomp on it. i was trying to make it heal faster so i could sell it and it was so close, then this happens. does anybody want a rbta the size of my thumb? $15 pick up only.

i did a 10% waterchange and moved the anemone onto a rock in a low flow area. i noticed some purple thread like stuff coming out of the foot or base of the anemone. i also move some rocks.

Archived