ReefCleaners.org

switching, not upgrading

crunk

the clam has full mantle extension and the zoos are almost open. the crab is already causing chaos in my sandbed. i'm so happy, clam+crab+rock+zoo=deal deal deal!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what should i replace my clown with? the lfs had a tiny leopard wrasse ( maybe 1/2") that i was going to take tell i setup my 75 gallon reef but it wasn't for sale, bummer. i kind of want a wrasse or something else of that sort. if anybody has something for sale in the bay area let me know.

the clam is looking good and the colors look better than yesterday. the anemone is looks happy and the tentacles look like they're coming back. Zoanthids are fully open today and i can finally see all the beauty, there are some reds w/ pinkish white, greens w/ blue, orange w/ purple, and many more. the horseshoe crab is doing a great job with my sand and is looking healthy.

you know, it's alright for everybody to post a comment, suggestion, thought, or concern. i don't have to be the only person on this thread. i'm working on pictures.

how long does it take for a clam to get its color back? i may just be seeing things but the red is turning brighter and getting a blue/green rim. the mantle has full extension today aswell.

the anemone's tentacles are all bulbed up and is recovering quicker than i thought.

to care for the clam i add 4 drops of kent marine liquid calcium and a coule drops of micro-vert or cyclopeeze. today my horseshoe crab got its tail stuck in a piece of live rock and i don't know it he got it stuck or if something was trying to eat him in a hole. he was trying really hard to get out and he was stuck in there pretty good so i helped him out. also, the loss of the clown has made the yasha more comfterable to move about the tank and has now discovered a nice hole in the backest of the back of the tank, damit.

well, i guess i'm doing good with the clam since nobody has any suggestions or advice, other than better lighting and i'm working on that. if anybody has a 70 watt metal halide ballast foe sale, tell me!

oh yeah, there is definately some green and blue comming in on the edges. i'm surprised my cleaner shrimp hasn't even checked out the clam yet. the clam looks to be about 3-4" and healthy. it's wierd because the guy at the lfs didn't want to sell me montis and talked me out of it, but was more than happy to sell me the clam.

everything is looking good. went to the lfs and piched up a purple gorgonian, pepperment shrimp, and two orange snails. quick question, how would you acclimate a gorgonian? wouldn't it adjust itself in my tank by opening its polyps? thanks.

i moved the clam yesterday closer to the light and now its mantle doesn't extend as much.

the new pepperment shrimp doesn't seem to be hiding a lot, he moves from rock to rock, a lot

the orange snails look really cool, they stand out a lot.

remember the hitchiker sun coral i told whoevers following this thread, i was looking at it closely today and noticed it was eating a mosquito. should i be worried it might get west nile virus? lol.

also just found out i might have to move my tank again. i swithched rooms with my brother and i might have enough room for it. i kind of want to though because it'll give me a reason to reaquascaspe, since my mom doesn't like me moving the rocks around.

any thoughts or comments?

well it has been a week since i added the clam to my tank and it has shown nothing but signs of improvement. the edges are a blue-green and the rest is a red-brown with gold markings. i'm still working on pictures since i don't have a camera. after moving my tank today, i rearranged the rocks and it looks awseome, it looks like one of those display tanks you see at the lfs with nothing for sale in it. i just need more vibrant corals and to let these ones grow. i have a list of my inhabitants: yasha hase goby, skunk shrimp, pep. shrimp, horseshoe crab, unknown clam, sun coral, green & red & blue mushrooms, various zoanthids, rose bubble tip anemone, 1 ricordia florida, feather duster, two headed frogspawn with pink tips, purple gorgonian, yellow finger gorgonian, a rock anemone (not apataisa), and various snails and hermit crabs.

i'm also still looking for a 70 watt metal halide ballast, i've missed the last couple for sale, dangit.

well i can't find my little yasha hase goby, which was expected. the weird thing is that the little guy isn't where i thought he'd take off to. i think he's in the farthest back of the tank under a big rock, or atleast that's where i hope he is. anyway the water has cleared and i'm pleased with the outcome. i just wish the stupid snails would stop picking on my mushroom rocks. the mushrooms have fallen like a hundred times since being moved and i'm just about ready to just throw them in the back and let them move to a nice spot where they feel happy. wow this is a lot for being this late on a friday night. i need a life.

the clam still looks good. the green around the edges is slowly creeping up the sides of the clam.

the yasha goby came out and has now found its home at the front of the tank and i love it.

how do you tell if a feather duster is dead because it lost its crown from stress and i haven't seen it come out of its tube lately to get food. i know it's in its tube though.

my claener shrimp died last night and my pep. shrimp molted, so i don't know what happened.

any help?

well the clam has moved from the highest point of the tank to the sand bed. its mantle is extended so i'm not to worried.

my goby is getting used to everything and i think it might start to host my frogspawn soon because it is always within inches of it.

the clams looking good and i think it prefers to be on the sand bed. my yasha hase goby swims around the whole tank now. i think i'm going to frag the zoanthid rock so i can put some of each colors of zoanthids in different parts of the tank. also, if anybody can answer my feather duster question, that'd be great.

i've noticed more green on the bottom of the flaps that hang off the side, sorry i don't know the correct names. i've also noticed that the mantle part has turned red with a bright gold flakey look that i'm very satisfied. i'm so mad, i finally see a deal on a 70 watt metal halide ballast i don't have any money. i would also like to know about my feather duster, it has algae growing on it. i don't think it is donig too well.

dangit coppycatt, i thought i was going to be the only one to post on this page, but i guess we can't all have what we want. just playing with you. thanks for posting anything, i thought nobody was ever going to post.

the clam looks good. i moved the feather duster into more flow, in case it didn't have enough flow already. i haven't seen the horseshoe crab in a while so i'm a little worried. i have some questions though, what happens to a feather duster when you take it out of its tube? will a tube that has a cut or hole in it effect the duster?

well i opened my blinds today while doing a wtaer change and i turned off the lights to my tank. i was amazed at how much my clam was liking this. i think i'm going to open my window everyday around 3:00 and let my corals enjoy some elments of the wild.

i saw my horseshoe crab today, it was cruising around the tank.

my anemone was huge today, it came all the way out of the cave its foot is in. i was kind of scared that it was going to hurt something. i love the shade of red that is is. as soon as its tentacles heal all the way (just a couple centimeters smaller than the others) i'll either sell it or trade it in to the lfs.

Archived