Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

major rockfall....

deezreef

hey cal3v i didn't know they made pc's in 03 actinic, that's why i settled with the 71k. i would have definately went with the 03's, although the color is pretty good with the 71k. the corals don't flouresce as much as i thought they would after the install but i am definately happy with the setup. oh and auron...the tank specs are: 20g flatback hex, 150w 10k ushio double ended. 55w pc, remora skimmer, 2 maxi jet 900s. for supps i use the powder reef advantage and reef builder. your setup seem to fine, but, i will have to agree with cal3v. you should definately look into getting the 10k. my hqi pendant is for sale if you're interested. it's only 2 months old.

Deezreef,

I plan on upgrading my lights after the holidays and I was wondering if you could help me out.

After searching and searching Im leaning towards getting two 150watt double ended pendants with 10k ushio bulbs and maybe supplementing with 2 96watt pc's (already have) for my 65.

I havent seen anyone running these in person and Im wondering about a few things. Do you notice any more or less heat than typical Mh bulbs? How much clearance do you have above the water? and lastly, what ballast are you running yours on? I was thinking about going with a blueline E-Ballast.

Unfortunetly my hood will have to be modified to bring it up. Im going to have to find someone to help me out on this one but thats another problem. X)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW I think its hellolights that has the actinic 03 pc bulbs

desk...the lights do get pretty hot but not hot enough to effect water temp. i have the lights mounted about 6 inches above the water. which is pretty low. it's been getting a little cooler here in sd so i've had to add a heater to the tank to get the temp up. the only problem i've been battling lately is evap, not really a problem though. the ballast is hamilton tech. 2 150s w/ 96w pcs would work out just fine for your 65.

Archived