Innovative Marine Aquariums

major rockfall....

deezreef

well, i just had my first major rockfall. acros flying everywhere... i just finished putting the puzzle back together and everything seems a bit ####ed off, acro slime here and a little over there. it was really heartbreaking but i guess i deserve it, i should've planned a little more. here's a pic of the new setup.

oh, i also meant to ask if anyone was interested in the san diego area to trade some sps frags????? some pieces of a. millepora, stylophora, and green digitata broke off in the fall.

deez,

i dunno whachu talkin' about? it looks great! you're like the olympic gymnast who trips on a sidewalk crack and does a somersault! B)

that red monti's looking sweet! that acro in the upper left, is that new? or bigger?! :o

very funny tiny...it was my acros doing acrobatics not me. which one you talkin bout tiny?? the table? i've had the table for a while now. it might just be the angle it's at now. oh yeah, the monti's doing very well. gaining a lil girth on her.

printerdown01

LOOKS AWESOME TO ME!!! Where do you get 1/2 your stuff!! I haven't seen anything like it around here!! This tank just keeps getting better and better! NICE WORK!!

jim27 i'll try and get some pics soon without the actinic. the bulb's an ushio on a hamilton tech ballast. i've noticed the light whiten up a lot after the burn in period. it started out really yellow. and thanks again printer. i get most of my stuff from aquatic warehouse and frags from friends.

jim27...here's the pic as requested. as you can see it makes a world of difference with the pc. the ushio started out a lot more yellow the first couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey deezreef I was wondering since you have a 7100k bulb, have you tried the true 03 pc's? And did you notice a difference in blueness of the tank? And how is the fluoresce in corals since its not a true actinic? Just wonderin cause I might wanna swap out my 03's. Thanks.

deezreef,

your setup looks GREAT! Could you post some more of your tank specs?

I just recently set up a 20h soon to be sps/clam tank.

Im also a frequest Aquatic Warehouse customer... bought just about everything I own there.

You seem like an experienced sps keeper, how does this setup look? :

20h black silicone tank

40 lbs tonga/fiji

175w pendant (hamilton) w/ 12000k bulb - might switch for radium

cpr bak pak

2 Aquaclear 300's: one for filtering, one as a DIY small refugium

dosing B-Ionic every day

Man I wish I had some frags to trade w/ you.... all I have is rock =) Still waiting on cycle

Thanks,

Auron

Hey Auron, don't know if you want my advice, since you were asking deezreef, but if you want it, here goes, hehe. I don't think radium makes a 175w bulb, and I would advise a 10,000k hamilton, ushio, or Aqualine. The 12,000k are not as bright, less PAR and have been known to explode:o . B-ionic is cool, in mys et-up I have kalk in the make-up water. I also run one aquaclear, and they are great for circulation, and a little fuge.:) hth and any more q's please ask. Btw have you seen my tank?;)

Archived