Cultivated Reef

13 gal about 22months old... p.s. long time long see ~

awakedॢ

Juliet your tank contiues to amaze me. You have been at it for over a year now, and both of those tangs look very healthy. I have no doubts that if you ran into a problem that you could take care of them. Simply put your tank looks the cleanest, most well kept, and monitored of any on this site. I am going to use your Aqua scapeing as inspiration for my own tank. I love what you did and you just keep on plugging, xien said it best.

Thanks for the pics and keep them comming.

Your tank is now my background.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should have never shown this to my wife. Now she's asking "Why can he keep a Blue Tang in a 13 and we can keep one in a 20" Damn it! They are cool for sure though.

The guys a doof...He posts pics of his tank w/ tangs and all he prbly knows how to read is "good job juilet!!" Hes done this before and left people arguing for days. couple days later " hey all I have 3 tangs in a 2 gallon ok bye!!"

Dont even waste your breath he doesnt know/care what your saying. Tank cleanliness does not equal good husbandry, no matter times he wipes down his algae his tank is not getting any bigger, bottom line hes got 2 poor saps (tangs) living in what would be a bathroom stall.

soo....."hey all"

Some people just don't like this guy I guess. I have never known a person to have such a healthy looking tank that has insighted so much bickering...oh well.

I like the tank....soo...."hey all"?

It's a girl. If you got off the tang issue you'd have notice, unless you're referring to someone else then in which case I dunno. Her tank rocks, all proper equipment. Everything is well taken care of.

This thread disappoints me.

Amazing tank. I love when people go all out for their tanks and don't spare any expense to make it what they want it to be. Steve/xien2000corp... You are my hero. haha. That was a brilliant speech there. I spend money on my tank because I enjoy looking at it. If I had a tank as nice as the one I've seen in this thread, I'd spend lots more money to keep it looking so nice. There are plenty of other fish in the ocean. When a clownfish becomes an endangered species because all the little kids want nemo (Depsite the irony w/ the nemo obsession and the movie's point), someone tell me and I'll immediatly buy a plane ticket and fly my fish back to whichever ocean the majority suggests and replace each and every coral, invert, and fish in my tank in its "natural habitat". ;) Sorry your thread has gone off on so many tangents... :( It really is a nice tank and may be deserving of a new thread free from people who like to point fingers... : (Not mentioning anyone in particular here)

Originally posted by Whitten

Juliet your tank contiues to amaze me.  You have been at it for over a year now, and both of those tangs look very healthy.  I have no doubts that if you ran into a problem that you could take care  of them.  

The problem would most likely be taken care of by replacing the fish. This thread dissapoints me as well. Now the rules are no tangs in a tank less then 75 gallons unless your tank is sparkling clean. If no one liked the beautiful aquascaping and cleanness, then, well, you know. I though the rule was that the fish requires more space for its mentality, not for just algae concerns. If this is the case, then I guess I can have a baby shark as long as I keep up with water changes. Also, I would like more info on how the tank looks cleaner then a tank that I have just set up ??? Not saying that the photo is fake, but its interesting. Too bad she doesn't know much english though.

Anyway, People need to make up their mind. I thought there was NO exception to a tang in a nano, but oubviuosly I was wrong.

No. Regurgitation and dogma are what disappoints me. Not her drop dead gorgeous tank. Tang looks fat, healthy. No biggie. Aquascaped in a way where he has swimming room as well. In relation to the size of the tank, that tang's like an inch or two max. It's about the same size as the clowns. The ratio of tank length to tang body would be similar to that of a larger 8 inch tang to a 75gal, if not better in her nano.

Have you thought about the rules you're talking about? They're so vague and don't say much. All a bigger tank does is add stability; and equilibrium can be controlled with a bit of effort. Your argument has little basis if you insist on these outdated, and unfounded rules. Please stop spitting BS. K thanks

PS the glass is clearer, starphire. Way sexy. Constant water changes and a skimmer will also clean a lot up. A lot of tanks look like this. It's not magic, it's elbow grease. Please stop being a follower and think for yourself. Ask intelligent questions and keep an open mind. k thanks again

Originally posted by lgoins

It's really funny, Juliet never even responds on her own thread, people just argue about petty issues on her thread.

Keeping a tank that clean doesnt leave time for posts.

Originally posted by supernip

No. Regurgitation and dogma are what disappoints me. Not her drop dead gorgeous tank. Tang looks fat, healthy. No biggie.  

No, this is what a happy tang looks like

c_bubbles.gif

Seriously, how can you tell from the pics? Sorry my opinon is "spoutin BS", but I also know that even baby 1 inch long tangs can swim long distances (from information, I never had one).

"The ratio of tank length to tang body would be similar to that of a larger 8 inch tang to a 75gal"

this I agree with, but if you go to reef central you would know that certain tangs aren't suitable for even a 75.

BTW, What's the growth of tangs? how long can they live in that tank, cause its been mentioned that they haven't grown and I'm confused about this.

"Aquascaped in a way where he has swimming room as well."

So all this means its okay to have an FO tank with 2 tangs and 2 clowns (no live rock, more swimming room)

sorry about having a different opinon and now it seems I'm the only one. Why do we even invent rules then. I've seen tangs with plenty of swimming room and flammed to death, why because their tanks aren't pretty enough?

On another note, I really wish I could know more. Like how she's keeping the fish without algae blooms ect. She doesn't seem to have any special equipment, but I might just not see it in the pic. They seem to use a different method because a lot of asian tanks I see look the same way while none of ours do.

BTW, okay, so I'm a follower. But I'm not convinced to think otherwise. A lot of what I learned about nanos started here, and this site helps me TONS.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&highlight=tang

theres not a different approach to tang keeping in nanos so why change everything. Madarin gobys are being tried with a different approach, and even I'm trying corals and inverts that aren't supposed to do well in captivity. Heck, I wouldn't mind a baby tang in a 10 for like a month or 2 as long as the person was definently going to upgrade, as in having the larger tank NOW or having someone you know who will definently take it. I guess it isn't right to judge this person because I don't know her plans, but no tang in a nano still stands for me.

personally, if you think you can do it, try it out! i've tried out a lot of things in my tanks(i've got three) and i just learn to keep my mouth/pictures from appearing on any forums. i've always wanted to try a baby tang but i do know how susceptible many tangs are to the smallest changes in water chemistry and whatnot(reports of blue tangs that get 'saltwater ich' for a day or so when their owners did a water change! i think i read that in anthony calfo's book). anyway, if people have got a lfs that is willing to buy/take back the fish when it gets too large or something and they want to try...freaking try it. its your money(goes along with my views on a. lordhowensis...it's your money...if you wanna spend it that way, then do it)!

I feel like im in the twilight zone. :(

I guess it all depends on the way you aquascape your inappropriately sized tank. I wonder if it invloves sister galaxies as well.

The rules your trying to break bad boys...arent meant to be to cool for school rules, its an approximation...and already very conservative low-balled approx. on a fish that roam hundreds (thousands really) of feet a day. Even as 2 inch juveniles, roam tens (if not hundred) of feet at the least, not less than an armlength in inches. Again i guess this is where high stakes quantum physics comes to play. A 75 is considered a small "large tank" for these guys a 12? its downright retarded. I guess when your asian to supernip you can do no wrong. Can all of us play?

If youve got a nano (SMACKK) bad boyy!!!, put the tang down!!! put it downnn!!!!

please you derrhead. Bringing out the race card? I've defended many people's reefs and shot down many, regardless of ethnicity. Don't try to make me look bad with your emotional responses.

Tangs do not swim 100000000000miles in a straight line, bun bonnet. They know how to turn. Where do I start with these moronic responses. Focusing on one aspect and ignoring every other one. I bet you still support the war in the middle east, solely for WMD reasons. Get a life you asshat. Don't even try name calling, I've been around since ESPI.

C'mon guys...lets end this tang/ hating/ criticism fiasco. Juliet's tank is gorgeous, period. She's gonna keep her tangs in there, period. IMO, Juliet = PRO, period. and for informational purposes, and for noodbies that may attempt to mimick juliet, tangs should not be kept in a nano.

well anyways, we gotta ask our selves, WHERE IS THE LOVE?! ~ black eyed peas

What's wrong with the world, mama

People livin' like they ain't got no mamas

I think the whole world addicted to the drama{/B]

Only attracted to things that'll bring you trauma

Overseas, yeah, we try to stop terrorism

But we still got terrorists here livin'

In the USA, the big CIA

The Bloods and The Crips and the KKK

{B}But if you only have love for your own race

Then you only leave space to discriminate

And to discriminate only generates hate

And when you hate then you're bound to get irate, yeah

Madness is what you demonstrate

And that's exactly how anger works and operates

Man, you gotta have love just to set it straight

Take control of your mind and meditate

Let your soul gravitate to the love, y'all, y'all

People killin', people dyin'

Children hurt and you hear them cryin'

Can you practice what you preach[/]

And would you turn the other cheek

Father, Father, Father help us

Send some guidance from above

'Cause people got me, got me questionin'

Where is the love (Love)

Where is the love (The love)

Where is the love

The love, the love

It just ain't the same, always unchanged

New days are strange, is the world insane

If love and peace is so strong

Why are there pieces of love that don't belong

Nations droppin' bombs

Chemical gasses fillin' lungs of little ones

With ongoin' sufferin' as the youth die young

So ask yourself is the lovin' really gone

So I could ask myself really what is goin' wrong

In this world that we livin' in people keep on givin'

in

Makin' wrong decisions, only visions of them dividends

Not respectin' each other, deny thy brother

A war is goin' on but the reason's undercover

The truth is kept secret, it's swept under the rug

If you never know truth then you never know love

Where's the love, y'all, come on (I don't know)

Where's the truth, y'all, come on (I don't know)

Where's the love, y'all

Can you practice what you preach

Where is the love (Love)

Where is the love

The love, the love

I feel the weight of the world on my shoulder

As I'm gettin' older, y'all, people gets colder

Most of us only care about money makin'

Selfishness got us followin' our wrong direction

Wrong information always shown by the media

Negative images is the main criteria

Infecting the young minds faster than bacteria

Kids wanna act like what they see in the cinema

Yo', whatever happened to the values of humanity

Whatever happened to the fairness in equality

Instead in spreading love we spreading animosity

Lack of understanding, leading lives away from unity

That's the reason why sometimes I'm feelin' under

That's the reason why sometimes I'm feelin' down

There's no wonder why sometimes I'm feelin' under

Gotta keep my faith alive till love is found

Now ask yourself

Where is the love?

Where is the love?

Where is the love?

Where is the love?

Can you practice what you preach

Where is the love (Love)

hahha! c'mon ppl! Juliet, tank is great!

:D plz don't flame me...muahhaha

I do not see how a person can keep a fish in a tank and flame someone else for keeping fish also.

Fish live in the ocean the big ass body of water that covers most of the earth. If you put a fish in a tank its in a tank, not its natural habitat so we all are guilty. I never understood the whole tang thing, who really gives a *** anyways.

Originally posted by ebin

I do not see how a person can keep a fish in a tank and flame someone else for keeping fish also.

Fish live in the ocean the big ass body of water that covers most of the earth. If you put a fish in a tank its in a tank, not its natural habitat so we all are guilty. I never understood the whole tang thing, who really gives a *** anyways.

for once, i agree with EBIN; well said. ;)
Originally posted by DRZL-sauras

I feel like im in the twilight zone. :(  

I guess when your asian to supernip you can do no wrong. Can all of us play?

as much as I agree with what you said you kinda went over board there

X)

"Fish live in the ocean the big ass body of water that covers most of the earth. If you put a fish in a tank its in a tank, not its natural habitat so we all are guilty. I never understood the whole tang thing, who really gives a *** anyways."

but, does the fish SWIM this entire body of water? dang that some fish, they aren't whales!

"I do not see how a person can keep a fish in a tank and flame someone else for keeping fish also."

If you have a clownfish or goby, you would know they spend most of their day hanging around the same area of even the smallest tanks. Fish like chromis who fit in a nano are still unsuitable for one because they like to school too. Tangs swim far distances, and it wouldn't be to hard to convince that maybe they aren't suitable for even a 100 gallon.

but, there is oubviously no point in argueing over this, as I am now convinced that people have decided that nanos are now okay for a tang, that it is "outdated information" for the no tang in a nano rule. The only reason that I continue to debate this tedious issue is because of the poor fish, and no doubt this will have newbies running out to buy dorry.

Archived