Cultivated Reef

13 gal about 22months old... p.s. long time long see ~

awakedॢ

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is so nice to see this tank.

And all those tang police folks, you only wish your tank was that pristine and you could keep a flower pot alive.

Ok I can't take it any longer.

Has nobody else realized that this tank is supposedly 13 gallons?! And yet she can keep 6 fish, including 2 tangs, a starfish, and a flowerpot coral in it, and it's so pristine?

I'm not going to bring up the photoshop thing again, but I think it still holds true.

Originally posted by RandomLetters

Sorry 56kers for the large pic but....

Shopped.JPG  

Sweet pixels

What's the deal with all the black pixels in the sand, I don't see it when I blow up the picture? Btw Juliet, I only hope I can keep a tank in that condition one of these days. Great stuff.

Ok, I can't take it anymore. this tanks nice looking and all, BUT, the fish levels are just horribly wrong. And everytime this tank is posted we go in circles, people say those tangs need to go, and then someone else says, "hey, she kept them alive so its okay". Imho, so they are alive, that doesn't make it right, but I think that in Korea and several other places in Asia this is the norm, kind of like our betta in a sphere with flowers (which is also wrong). I don't she is going to change anything in this tank, so there's no use in argueing. But its good to give newbies a heads up that this isn't right.

awakedॢ

thanks all~

flower pot lives about 6 months in my tank.

all most coral & fish is same to tank age.

recently add coral - flower pot, sunflower, yellow seafan (but all over 6months)

fish - fire goby, rock blenny

and...clean...

the best way of clearing is that we just do clean our tank everyday. :)

Happy new years~ and good luck ALL !

awakedॢ

= 2gal tank

2gal_2005Feb4.jpg

Setup : Oct 17th 2003

¡Ú changed Small pals pen (Hagen 2.25gal) to glass tank 2gal about 10months ago.

- because Small pals pen tank is plastic...

Sponge filter (Hagen) + Air pump

Tronic heater 100w (Hagen)

Normal sand 0.4Kg , live lock 0.2Kg (from Fiji) + added live lock 0.2kg

candy coral 1 (22months, from 13gal tank)

anemone 1 (8months),

sebea crown 1 (8months),

cleaner shrimp 1 (8months),

Harlequin shirmp * 2 (15months),

Hermit crab *1 (15months),

some snail,

halmeda

awakedॢ

today some pics...

= hermit crab (this crab is actor in .wmv)

hermit_2005Feb4.jpg

= unknow coral (added last Thusday)

unkcoral_2005Feb4.jpg

= crocea clam

corceaclam_2005Feb4.jpg

= 13gal - Feb 4th 2005

nisso_2005Feb4.jpg

¡Ú paramether

ph 8.1 (day)

kh 9.6

ca 390

People always start *****ing about the tangs in this tank... however, this is one tank I won't complain about. When you look at the layout, cleanliness, and aesthetics of stalking, it's obvious we have a very knowledgeable reef keep on hand, not one of the 20 year old college kids who sets up a nano with daddy's money to pick up chicks, and puts tangs in it because they look good.

Excellent job, as always.

Wow Juliet, your tank mantenance is incredible. Your choice of colors and textures make for a very appealing nano-reef. Thanks for posting your photography.

RandomLetters
Originally posted by kraphtymac

People always start *****ing about the tangs in this tank... however, this is one tank I won't complain about.  When you look at the layout, cleanliness, and aesthetics of stalking, it's obvious we have a very knowledgeable reef keep on hand, not one of the 20 year old college kids who sets up a nano with daddy's money to pick up chicks, and puts tangs in it because they look good.  

Excellent job, as always.

lol reef tanks pic up chicks? Where do I go to get mine?

Originally posted by kraphtymac

not one of the 20 year old college kids who sets up a nano with daddy's money to pick up chicks, and puts tangs in it because they look good.

Hey now, not all of us college students are that dumb B)

Is it just me or has no-one noticed that BOTH the Blue tang and the yellow tang are NEVER in any picture at the same time? Its always ONE or the OTHER?? Also, if those tangs have been in there for a few months they should be a hellovalot bigger than that.

C.

Everyone loko back to the old threads, and please stop complaing.

She has kept these fish aliev in this tank for over a year now, and apparently hasn't had too much trouble. I don't see a ton of livestock changes, just many additions. Maybe a few deaths here and there, but overall, everytime I see this tank< I get insanley jealous.

<---- Wishes the wannabe tang police would go away.

Hey Birdman, haven't seen you post in a while :P

I'm trying my best to keep out of this thread, it's just that everytime I see it something doesn't feel right to me. Those tangs haven't grown an inch since her last pics that I saw, and that was almost a year ago, and where's all the coraline algae at? I just can't believe that someone with a 13 gallon tank can keep that bioload and not have an ounce of algae in the tank.

Needless to say, she definitely has some skills with photography and photo editing :) The pics are works of art as far as I'm concerned.

I know this tank and Juliet very well, always amazing colors and impeccable cleaning, but we all know this photo as many others has been edited a lot. If your cool with photoshoped pics, then its amazing, if not its still very beautiful. I happen to have changed my view I used to think anything photoshoped was a cheat or a lie, but its just more asthetically pleasing, and even if its not 100% accurate its an asthetic we can all aspire to in our own tanks.

Keep up the good work Juliet!! More pics Please!! :D

Archived