SaltCritters.com

The tigahboy challenge...

birdman204

acan= gaudy. Not all are from japan. I dont think it's legal to import stuff from japan without cites permits. It gets pricey. Just be patient. No one is going to want acans soon, just like no one cares about pink zoos, blue zoos, or efflos. k thanks

i somehow think otherwise... acans are just the current fad, it's not necessarily "gaudy" but i will agree it is overpriced.

as to "no one wants acans soon," i think that's just wrong... no one wants acans b/c of the price, but there are still ppl willing to pay for them. when prices drop, everyone will have acan in their tank... but until then, acans will still be considered rare; and they will remain the envy of "most, if not all" reefers.

• 4 months later...
Originally posted by Tigahboy

jendub's gonna be mad.  haha.  

bingo....I would like to know where that photo was found at if anybody has any info. I try to watermark all photos but they removed it.:angry:

I know this is off topic but any help is much appreciated.

I think it was just taken from the LPS thread over on RC, jen. it predates the watermarked pics shown on your website.

but everyone knows it's yours, even w/o the watermark. =)

that's what I figured....when I did a prop. search on the pic it was used in the sdreefs.com. Oh well...thanks for the info tigah:}

jackson vile

What are the Japanese putting in their water to get that kind of color? Every time I see Japanese reefs they just blow a way anything I see on any other country!

Originally posted by jackson vile

What are the Japanese putting in their water to get that kind of color?  Every time I see Japanese reefs they just blow a way anything I see on any other country!

Well I have three theories. 1. All the silt and nutrients that spills out of china. 2. Radio active radiation from when the U.S. nuked the crap out of them back in ww2. 3. They are smarter than us, the don't dump nearly as much industrial waste into their oceans.

i'm thinking it has to do with more temperate waters and the fact that japanese tanks have ridiculous amounts of lighting over them(in all different spectrums). my aunt and uncle live in japan...i'm really trying to figure out a way to get some acans back here.

jackson vile

I say (for their home tanks)

1)Better attention to minerals

2)Cooler water

3)Attention to a light spectrum that we aren't

4)Some how higher water qualities.

I think a lot of use have our water temp too high, should we really ever go over 78?

according to most experts no. 78 is about where it should be. many experts even suggest a range more of 74-78.

I dont know, i think maybe because it is difficult to keep our tanks below 78 often, that maybe a new standard has been set of saying 78-82. Personally I would rather keep it a hair on the cooler end though.

no dorks...the acans are collected in cooler waters! :D lol. i wasn't saying we should keep out tanks at cooler temps. :D although, my tanks never get over 79 now...;)

cooler?

lol. acans are cool. literally! ;)

oh yeah daniel, jeremy's on nano-reef.com. aka whodah

jackson vile
Originally posted by yoshiod9

no dorks...the acans are collected in cooler waters! :D lol.  i wasn't saying we should keep out tanks at cooler temps.  :D   although, my tanks never get over 79 now...;)

Well stop and think for a second, if they do that well in cooler water than maybe you should keep your tank that cool.

I don't think anyone should ever be going over 78 from what i have been ready.

However we see people that go all the way up to 84 and wonder why their coral aren't doing so well.

There are plenty who run at above 78 w/o any problems. I run my tanks at 80-82 and sometimes 82-84 during the hottest parts of the summer.

Maybe someone in Hawaii could meet supernip halfway by boat. ;) I'd contribute to that trip if it got me that orange/green one. That thing looked like dinosaur skin.

Hey I coined it first! "Dino Skin Acan Lord" $895 for 3.5 polyps

Damn I'm good.

• 2 weeks later...
dharmajedi

what is the difference in lighting between japanese tanks and german and american tanks? i think i read in this thread or another (to many windows open at once :*( ) that there are a couple different temp bulbs on the tanks? how does that work?

Archived