ReefCleaners.org

20 gallon nano reef

MDPinUSA

20 gallon acrylic aquarium with multiple PC's. 6000K color temp. The lights are in a custom made hood/reflector. The reflector is lined with aluminum foil, shinny side out.

System is filtered with 35 pounds of live rock, custom made skimmer.

The system is 100% Marine Environment dual phase formula. There is a 10% water change made weekly. No additives, supplements, carbon, resins or chemicals are employed.

This is not a magazine ad (yet). We include photos of our products as well as our copyright in all photos we post. This protects our original art from being copied and sent around.

The photos of the items utilized are what created and keeps this aquarium functioning.

Thank you. MDP

I would be interested to know how long this tank has been set up. Looks good, but I am amazed at the lack of coralline algae growth. I would also lke to hear more about your products and what they do for your system.

Originally posted by MDPinUSA

The photos of the items utilized are what created and keeps this aquarium functioning.

Thank you.                      MDP

^^^

.... Gives me the creaps.... Is this even your tank.... got a recent photo.....

These replies are totally weird. I would have thought people would post replies that would be constructive.

Anything from people are are knowledgable?

MDP

Well I have to admit I am a bit confused by these posts as well...

MDPinUSA... "Marine Dual Phase in the USA"

The pictures you are posting appear to be nothing more than company advertising. And as was pointed out there is a copyright date clearly visible in the photo showing it as c'righted in 1999. Almost 4 year old pics?

I am sure you can understand some of the responses you are getting can't you not? This is a site frequented by hobbyists, not corporate motivated individuals. Your pictures are showing tanks that I believe I even remember seeing used in ads in magazines such as FAMA and TFH over the years. Personally I have never put much faith into these advertisements. It's like a burger chain showing that ad with that lovely juicy hamburger done and dressed up to perfection... My MickeyD's NEVER looks like that!...lol

I would like to hear more and would be interested and willing to listen about these setups (the nano especially) but I would also like to see some pics that perhaps are not studio shot/made up and would like a little less input as far as the advertising goes... I can see/hear ads every single day of the week, radio, TV, magazines, ect., ect., ect. Here I prefer to talk and interact with genuine people that share the same common interest and NOT spammed to beat the band.

May not have been as constructive as you had hoped and well the jury is still out... WAY OUT as to whether or not I could be considered "knowledgable".

Guest AbSoluTc

Interesting. That picture looks like this one... Well according to the website, its a 90 gallon reef biotope. Perhaps I should call the website owner and find out why you are claiming it as your own, along with posting copywrighted material?

Waddaya say? I think it would be fun!

w0011a.jpg

"This reef aquarium with clownfish (Amp. ocellarus) and damsel fish (Abudufduf spec.) features marine fauna from the Philippine Islands. The Philippines offers the greatest range and number of marine fish and invertebrates available to the marine trade.

This stunning 90 gallon aquarium is 100% Marine Environment® dual phase formula™. It is illuminated with one 5600°, 175 watt metal halide and two actinic lamps. Filtration is a trickle filter with two cu. ft. of Super BI OX®. One large skimmer is employed with an ozone reactor. 15% water changes are made every two weeks. MARINE VITA-PEP™ is added once a week."

Damn troll.

Originally posted by MDPinUSA

Anything from people are are knowledgable?

MDP

You want smarter and more constructive replies? How about this. First off you incorrectly used the word "are" twice consecutively in the above quoted sentence, second you misspelled the word "knowledgEable", and third you made the false assumption that the members of this website could be fooled by such mediocre copyright infringement.

Have a Nice Day.:)

Christopher Marks
Originally posted by AbSoluTc

Interesting.  That picture looks like this one...  Well according to the website, its a 90 gallon reef biotope.  Perhaps I should call the website owner and find out why you are claiming it as your own, along with posting copywrighted material?

Waddaya say?  I think it would be fun!

w0011a.jpg  

Damn troll.

Well actually MDP owns AquaCraft...so...I guess that would make it his aquarium.??? :)

and ya call ME skepical and quick to judge !

uhhh wow.. how did I miss this thread... ???

Mike Dela Prete = MDP

in USA = where he lives/ is from

dont ya think he would have NOT brought the FACT up about a copyrighted pic if he DIDNT own it?

Oh and spam? uhhh what do ya call the banners at the top of this page> ? Sponsors? Advertizers? "Friends of NR.com?" Financiers? Fishmongers? Supply Hawkers?

to paraphrase......

....LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS !

X)

friggen moolies..... ya might learn something.

ps: MIKE, whats up with the absence of coraline? i think that is a viable question.

the tanks do look great but the low temp bulbs really show, then again that could be the photography ??? . do you have recent shots of the whole system? it'd be nice to see growth or different viewpoints at least.

if they don't exist anymore that's ok too. don't everyone get into an uproar. everyone tears down and starts over. shimek just restarted his main (?) tank as did goemans, earlier this year. i think both of theirs was getting on 8~10 years. i'm waiting on sprung to go true nano. :P

we just want to see recent photos. i'm sure if your stuff could take care of systems back in the late nineties it should be able to do the job now. now we have a plethora of skimmers, pc & high K lighting, and algae scrubbers (no matter what they're packaged as :rolleyes: ).

Guest AbSoluTc

I got a problem. If MDP owns it and is in fact who he says, then why did he post that picture saying it was a 20gallon nano with 6000k bulbs.

When the website clearly states its a 90 gallon with a 56k halide and 2 actinic bulbs???

Call me skeptical, but that doesn't make sense?

Sorry for confusion regarding tank size. On our site it indicates it is a 90 gallon tank. It is actually a 20 gallon tank.

It is my tank. I made the photos. I own the copyright. I am CEO of the company that makes the items shown.

We insert our product photos and our copyright on all photographs we send around on the net. This protects our original art. This stops some people from sending around as their own. This shows people what items were used to make this aquarium a reality.

If "spam" bothers some people, I suggest they would look past the product photos and info offered and simply enjoy the pretty photos.

Thank you. MDP

MDP, you hang out over in the fish chatroom on AOL, right? you probably know me but I wouldn't want to bring my name up.

BTW, I am working on my site right now www.JohnsAquaria.cjb.net, what do you guys and gals think? It is under major construction!

Rock Anemone

i know mdp from the fish chat hes one of the most knowlegeable people to ask questions about reefs too he knows a ton about the hobby im not tryn to #### anyone off but i think should research a little more befroe you start to flame this is what happenes when you do this stuff you have one of the most kowlegeable people on this site if not the most knowlegeable and your flaming him correct me if im wrong but what is wrong wit this pic?,Chris

Guest AbSoluTc

I will tell you exactly what he thinks of this "community" after I get some food. The only person that I would allow to talk to me like that, would be DaveESPI :) However, what MDP said - totally unacceptable.

Only thing I hate about the fish chatroom is that when someone comes in with a question, they don't help. They tell them to go get books, it's horrible... Also, people are very mean there, not to mention any names.

Rock Anemone

cant we all justget along!?!?!?! lol ok b4 the flames fly?? how bout everyboyd apologizes for what they said and we forget it? (omg im actually being responsible 4 once and im only 14 hahaha thats funny im mature and making adults stop fighting lmao:D :D ),Chris

Ok, in response to the recent posts. I DONT apologize for anything Ive said or have to say right now. Clearly after MDP's first post he recieved some skepticism from members including myself. Instead of responding to those posts in a manner that would represent him and his company as a mature, professional, and somewhat educated entity he decided to insult us claiming our posts were not "knowledgAble".

As CEO of a company, you should be the first to project proper public relations with your customers regardless of our "unknowledAble" demographic. Not only is this good etiquette but it is even more important than marketing your product itself!

Therefore I do retract my statement about copyright infringement, however I absolutely DO NOT apologize for its intentions when I first posted it given the information that MDP provided. MDP's first response was a defensive one, not an informative one which Im sure misguided us all the more.

- :) NeP

Guest AbSoluTc

Here it goes,

I have been watching the boards on and off and noticed several posts by MDP that in my eyes, were spam or advertisements. He never gave enough information in his posts to make me think otherwise. It was always very light in the way of info. Since the recent post he made, this one. I decided to look into it further for the following reasons. His newest post was lacking in content. He never went indepth, it was just there. So I went to the website in the photo and noticed the same photo, but the information that accompanied it, was not the same. Made me even more skeptical. Then he replies with his rebuttle about span and this and that. Anyways, I decided to give the company a call. It went like this.

His personal assistant answered and I asked if somone by the name of MDP worked there. Immediately, he became defensive and his attitude jumped quite a few notches. He started demanding my name and where I was from, so on and so forth. I told him and asked again if a person by MDP worked there. He said yes and he was the CEO. Then he said I will let you talk to him. I said ok.

MDP picks up the phone and asks my name a couple of times and really did not want to give it. I started asking him about his posts and pictures and why they were so shaddy and lacking. I asked the wrong question! The conversation from that point, took a nose dive into him, using some very profane words to describe members of the nanoreef.com community. As well as other people. One of them being ****tards. Along with several others. I asked him to stop and take a step back and start over. That did not work. He continued to say how great his products were, how he takes trips and uses his expensive photo equipment to capture this and do that. He was the first on this, the first to breed corals and not to frag. Then more pfrofanity. I told him all I wanted to know, was why he did not get more indepth with his posts. I was trying to find out from the horses mouth, the real truth. What was valid and what wasn't. That did not pan out.

Fortunately, my mom picked up being the woman she is and wanted to use the fone. So, I decided to end the conversation there and hung up. MDP had nothing more to offer me.

At this point, I was enraged at what he said about our community. To top it off even further, his comments in the chat room were even worse. Making comments about how he was sorry another user had to witness him bash me and that I was a kid trying to find out some information on his products and so on. I am not a kid. Sometimes I act like one, but not this time.

My point to MDP was not to cause any trouble, but to find out what his company had to offer. To see exactly what types of things he did and specialized in. I was even intrested in trying his products. NOT ANYMORE! You do not treat your target audience like that. NEVER, EVER! His atitude was horrible and he should not be in this field with those kinds of business practices.

I do not appreciate your atitude, your nasty mouth and the comments you made to me and the comments you made about this community. I will not ever, consider your products or your company for as long as I shall live. I will not recommend them to anyone. If anyone asks, I WILL tell them about what you have to say. I would also like you to make it clear in your posts, that any information beyond what you have posted, "requires a visa or mastercard for further information", as stated by you in the chat room. You don't do that to an already small target audience. Let alone the one you are trying to make a profit off of. That is a big no no.

For those of you who praise or respect MDP, I hope you experienced better. For those of you who are skeptical, give him a call and find out how well he wants your business. Thats if, you have a visa or mastercard. He dosn't toy with people that don't have money to spend. Also, if you have a question, go to your LFS and ask them, better yet - READ A BOOK! This is what he said. Unbeleivable.

MDP- You owe this community an apology. You also owe me an apology for your foul mouth and atitude. Until you make a public apology, I am done here and with you. I hope you never post here. This is probably why, I have never heard of your company. Personal attacks, are not professional. Its amazing your still in business.

There is only one person that I will accept smack talk from - DaveESPI - Him, and him alone. You take the cake.

Chris - Sorry, but this was the worst experience ever. His blatent disregard and respect for this community, enfuriates me! This is my final post to this thread.

Archived