Pod Your Reef

MY Custom40/30"x18"x18" 10/16: Picture TIME!!!

anthony812

Whenever anthony812's posting shots, I know I'm in for an awesome experience...

Great job. AMAZING.

You've got the best looking tanks of all creations here (sorry guys, but you know I'm right. This gets me :x with envy and :*( that my life has little meaning in comparison)

Again, simply amazing.

John

I love your tank bro. Ive seen a lot of super nice tanks since ive been in the hobby, but as far as coral variety I am definately partial to rose BTA's, sps, and maximas. Very nice choices good job.;)

Thank you all guys!!! I guess its my nature and job to be creative with whatever i touch..hahaha... Unfortunately, my biggest problem is being committed to one tank, I am always upgrading, down grading, whatever to get the ultimate look that i have been seeking for. I change corals in my tank more than anyone i know (maybe the exception of Ali in RC aka. project reef) hahaha...I am either tired of them or i found better corals. The more i learn and read about everyday makes my concpt and wants change. I guess i will still be changing tanks and playing around with different equiptment until i finalize my purchase of a house. then for sure i will go all out and set up my dream tank, something that i can not change or move easily. The tank i have been eyeballing on is a 280 ga starfire RR tank, 80"L x 36"W x 24"T. I have already saved up the money for the system, i estimated the cost to be around $10K.

You guys must be wondering, wow, Anthony have so many tanks, but the fact is that i only keep 1-2 tanks at anytime, i sell tanks and buy new ones with better configuration. As you all know, i always come across great deals on corals and fish. I target more on the exotic and rare species now as i gain more and more experiences. If you guys ever see a coral in my tank that you like, just ask me if i would sell it, because eventually i will either frag it or sell the whole piece. hahahah..well..i guess i should get back to work..''

thank you all again for all the compliments! B)

Originally posted by heero

Damn, nice tank!

The bright green coral you got is a hydnophora.

I don't think that coral is a hydronophora. Hydros don't have big coralites like those and they don't have small branchy arms.

I have a Gold Stripe Maroon Clown in my tank, and i also have 4 BTA! 2 Green BTA and 2 Rose..they are all occupied by my maroon. Oh the other 3 BTA are hiding behind the right side tank..

Can your sig get any bigger?

ya could post without the sig under every pic and reply , it would be much easier to read the thread..LOL

Nice tank. What do you have in it? :woot: :P

ps: im just ribbing on you.

now to the flame..LOL Anampses melanurus: White spotted Wrasse. Thes have no place in a reef tank. they disturb sand, eat crustatians, molusc, bivalves (ie tridnacas) and polychleates.

Trade it to the LFS. asap.

I bet that rose BTA was a pretty penny.

Id add a glasstop to the tank too. Splashing will toast that MH.

when it gets big enough.. Id like a frag of the blue tip. ;)

thats really ugly.......................in a jennifur lopez sort of way. sweet tank anthony. by the way, all the corals i got from you are doing great. the ricordia (which is actually a hairy mushroom i think) is now about 7.5 inches across, the GSP are spreading uncontrollably, and as i told you the orignal xenia died but a little spot that was on the rock has grown into a new 2.5 inch stalk.

anthony812- I've sent you a few emails with some questions but haven't heard from you. Are you getting them? If not, could you send me your email address?

Thank You

Anthony,

So...you upgrade/downgrade pretty often, eh? If you ever plan to get rid of this tank/stand, let me know. I'll be glad to take it off your hands :D

Ken

Dave - I know hoe you are, its all good and I didn't know you can post reply without sigs..but i guess i just learned. lol

Metz - I am so glad everything worked out ok with the corals and the shroom is now 7.5" across??? wow!!

I have decided not ever to ship corals ever again, my last 2 shipments all ended up in disaster! The first shipment was some Zoos, and the package was never received!! The UPS guy said that the receiver denied the package which the person that i sold it to never seen a UPS person in his front door, and so i got the package back to me 7 days later and of course everything died and i lost that money cuz i was nice to refund everything back. The 2nd time was even worse and that really ####ed me off...I hipped my 3 most beautiful and large SPS colony (bright orange monti cap, green hair table acro, and the blue tip stag) I packed it so well with WARNING labels all over the freaking box and writings all over saying LIVE STOCK, LIVE CORAL!! and what did the UPS driver do? Slamed a large computer box and drop it right on top of my corals, and of course, all the bag pop! the UPS driver came back later that afternoon and said, sorry, i can't ship this box cuz its all WET! what a freaking moron! I had the investigator from UPS come out to see what happen to the box, and all they can say was sorry and they will only cover $100! *sigh, and so i lost another batch of corals, except that this time it was a $300 lost!

Doe - anthony@classiclimo.com

Ken - Believe it or not, you can take it..j/k just not right now, I am actually looking for a SPECIAL tank, and until i can find it, I will stay with this one. I am looking for an 36"L x 30"W x 20" T tank, and if i find that tank or have one custom made for me, then i will be glad to sell you this setup. Except for the lighting system, as i would need it for the new tank, but i will sell it for the same price.

WOOOOOO! I think i just found the tank i want!!!! someone is selling a brand spanking new cube tank..I have to see what kind of a deal he will sell his tank. Its a 32"L x 30"W x 24"T AGA with diamond edge! With tank, stand, canopy. The canopy houses a 175W MH 10K. with a fluval 403..but he is asking $700!! ouch! I will try to talk him down on the price, well, i only want the tank setup and nothing else..what price do you guys think its fair for that setup..i don't need the lights as i will be using my 400W...

Ben - you really want the tank? why? i thought you already have 2..hahaha

Alright J-bass your on! My money's on Anthony getting at least 3 different tanks next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

After he gets the new tank that he found, I think his next tank would be set up by March of next year! :P

Okay now I have to talk Anthony into planning that next tank!!!!!!!!!

hahaha..BEN, you are too funny, but its true, i have alrady put my deposit down on a 200 gallon RR 72"L x 32"W x 24"T, its going to be custom made by LeeMar with Euro bracing. I am in the process of getting a town house, adn so i will need that tank. But as of now, regarding to that tank..the guy wants $500 for the tank/stand/canopy along, without anything, that means i would have to get it drilled, put overflows in, get a new sump, etc etc. too much hassel.

I will try to take more pictures tonight, I have sold most of my softies and lps, and i got a few more SPS mini colonies.

Archived