SaltCritters.com

Rich's 15g nano

xurifle06

Hey~ very nice st up so far, i liek the canopy and stand,

i was wondering tho, how do you have your MH mounted in there?

and is there a peice of glass or tempered glass to protect the uv rays? if so, where do you have it?

im planning to custom a canopy and dont know between a 150w de or 250w se, im not sure about the 150w de beause of the peice of glass and hwo to mount it, etc

To mount the metal halide i just drilled the bracket to the top of the canopy. The is a piece of UV glass that clips onto the reflector and i also have a piece of uv blocking lexan that slides into slots i cut into the canopy. its about 2 inches from the surface of the aquarium that will also act as a splash guard. hope this helps. il try and get some pictures up

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

i dunno bro.. if you hard piped from the tank to the sump and spliced in a couple of unions you could unscrew the plumbing... plus the added water and water quality would make for fewer water changes (and cheaper too) and you could put spend the money for the AC300 on a skimmer which in my opinion would leave you with the ULTIMATE Nano tank... JMO... i understand being a student so less time on water changes would be great for you...

you've already got the best lightng.. go for the best filtration next

Added the live rock yesterday. im going to by cycling in the dark but turned the lights on to get the photo. I had to stop down the exposure on the pic due to the fact the MH washed out the photo. here it is let me know what you think.

Many don't have the patience for the months-in-the-dark cycle...and are never rewarded with the biodiversity that accompanies such a cyle. I did that for four months on my current reef...and am going to do it for six months on my next one.

cycling in the dark helps prevent the growth of neusance algae. Once the tank is finished cycling im going to slowly acclimte the lights then add a clean up crew. any suggestions for a clean up crew? thanks

• 1 month later...

This is the tank at almost two months. Its been a while since ive last posted. I had a nano cube and took this livestock out of it.

Blue and tri color folrida rics

Red zoo's

Orange skirt, powder blue center zoo's

green skirt, purple and peach center zoo's

open brain

Green Star polyp

Two headed green frogspawn

Everything has taken new dimensions since its been switched to metal halide lighting. The growth is remarkable. I purchased the electric crocea clam in the front about a week ago. everything seems to be doing great and the conditionns are very stable. I will be adding a kalk reactor and auto top off next week. For now i drip 1000ml of kalk water during the night. Though the lighting in the picture seems dim it is very intense. I had to turn down the shutter speed as to not wash out the whole picture.

Archived