Pod Your Reef

Uchiha's Frogfish

Sushi

Cool fish man, when i first saw it i thought " dont they live down really deep where there is not much light?" I had no idea that there are species that live in much shallower water.

Amazed!

Keep up the good work.

yeah bro i think the guy on rc wanted to go sps only and he bough thte angler to eat all his fish becasue he didnt want any fish in his tank. becasue of the hi nutrients

haha... that's an unsightly picture from a rich fishkeeper.

EnderG: i'm currently in the process of trying coax him into eating prepared foods (silversides) and krill, so far i've had no luck. he just kinda looks at it and acts lazy. the previous owner i believe fed ghost shrimp on a normal basis. i haven't started feeding damsels to him yet, and at $2.99 a week per fish i'm probably not going to do it too often (it adds up! 4 weeks x $3=$12 per month; $12/month x 12 months/year = $144 /year not including tax on just damsels as feeders)

anyways, so far i feed ghost shrimp, and he just inhales it whole :P i've had good success w/ghost shrimp, so i think im going to start gut-loading them w/spirulina & bloodworms so that my lil froggy gets all the nutrition he deserves :)

btw, let me reiterate... that i haven't fed him any live fish yet (only live ghost shrimp), but i would like to try and witness his hunting & luring activities in the future. :)

Originally posted by da_mojo

yeah bro i think the guy on rc wanted to go sps only and he bough thte angler to eat all his fish becasue he didnt want any fish in his tank. becasue of the hi nutrients

wow, that's gotta be a last resort! it'd be sad to see an angler swallow a clownfish or like shown above, a flame angel... that's called an expensive snack!

Uchiha when you fed him that Ghost Shrimp did you just let the Ghost fish loose and the Frog dude got him later? Like by surprise?

i fed 2 ghost shrimp today, 1 he sucked in the moment it dropped on the ground right in front of him, the 2nd i believe he hunted down later..

I saw a black angler at my LFS and it was at least as big as a softball maybe a little bigger. They also had a little red and white angler, around as big as a golf ball, kept in a 10g tank. They said they had the red and white one for several years and it is as big as it would get. The first time I saw the red and white one it looked plastic then the next time I saw it it moved:o The red and white one was a cool little fishB)

wait a second.... can ghost shrimp live in sw? Are you talking about the little ones they sell in freshwater? Or do you just put them in, and they get eaten before they can die from the sw?

Davidd, yep those FW ghost shrimp are what i put in my tank...

i feed them to my mantis shrimp and my angler... from what the LFS tells me they last anywhere from 2-4 days in SW w/o acclimation (just toss em in). but the ghost shrimp i toss in usually get eaten or killed within 2-4 hours ... so i've never seen them in the tank for long periods of time. i've read that some reefers on this board have had success keeping ghost shrimp alive in SW longer than 2-4 days if properly acclimated to SW.

Archived