still no zoo growth even with dual power quads

ph:8.4

temp:77.3

SG:1.025 lo 1.026 hi

trites: 0

trates: 10

Cal: 450

Alk: ?? ran out

ugh my 10 gallon sprang a leak yesterday morning leaving a half gallon somewhere. had to 5 gall everything for about two hours and transfer to a new 10 gallon tank. so far I lost a bi-color blenny and a purple striped psudochromis. all corals are open and looking swell but only time will tell, man i miss my coraline all over the back.

Originally posted by EPICTANKHERE

wow do you have pics of your hood with all that pc for a 10 gallon?  how do you keep the temp down?

i don't have any pics, but I actually had probles with the water being to cold(70-72). I had 4 80mm fans cooling it off and then cut down to 3 now the tank has moved to the dinning room and I only have the one 96w on it. I wass stuck with about 3 inches above the tank so PC was the only thing i could use but now with the tank moved I'm going to start rounding up parts for a MH setup

You dont have MH?

Thats some of your prob., since i set up the MH, the growth is fenominal. Like double.

I had 80w of PC in the Cube hood, now i have a 150w Medic.

Originally posted by MiniReefin

You dont have MH?

Thats some of your prob., since i set up the MH, the growth is fenominal.  Like double.  

I had 80w of PC in the Cube hood, now i have a 150w Medic.

i know PC just isn't the same as MH, but that is the least of my worries right now, with having to move everything into a new tank cause the other one started to leak. I should just stick the rock with a few zoo's in my 40 under the 400w until its covered and then bring it back to the 10

make sure you have room on the rock for the zoos to spread out on, or they will overcrowd and will only get bigger instead of multiplying....*my theory* is that they get bigger and longer to reach the light or they will die from being trapped under other polyps that are larger. One of my zoo colonies has dime size polyps no more room on the rock to grow any more polyps

Are you moving the colony a lot? I've notice the most growth happens when you leave things alone.

Yeah, Halides make a hugh difference in growth.

How did you fit 96w powerquad + a nova t5 actinic, plus a 15 watt NO actinic and a 15 watt NO 20000k over a 10 gallon?

Originally posted by JsL

Are you moving the colony a lot?  I've notice the most growth happens when you leave things alone.

Yeah, Halides make a hugh difference in growth.

How did you fit 96w powerquad + a nova t5 actinic, plus a 15 watt NO actinic and a 15 watt NO 20000k over a 10 gallon?

very carefully

Archived