Top Shelf Aquatics

NaNO ReeFiNS' 10 GaL. TaNK

NaNO ReeFiN

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
printerdown01

What's the temp in your reef?? Catalina gobies need really really cool water to live for any lengthy period of time! I really wish LFSs wouldn't sell them!! Honestly, don't expect him to live 6 months... :( ...sorry... On a more positive note, NICE TANK! Did you get that rock around here? If so where did you get it from!?!? What lighting are you using for the fuge? Everything looks fantastic!

Originally posted by printerdown01

What's the temp in your reef?? Catalina gobies need really really cool water to live for any lengthy period of time! I really wish LFSs wouldn't sell them!! Honestly, don't expect him to live 6 months... :( ...sorry...

Thanks for such the positive note! :D I keep my tank constant at 80. I know they do better in lower temperatured water but after much research, I decided to give it a try.. I hope to prove you wrong. ;)

Originally posted by printerdown01

On a more positive note, NICE TANK! Did you get that rock around here? If so where did you get it from!?!? What lighting are you using for the fuge? Everything looks fantastic!

Half the rock, which is Fiji, I bought at Goldfish World on Convoy. And the other half, which is Tonga, I bought at Aquatic Warehouse. :happy:

I currently have a 13watt Jalli Full Hooded PC on the fuge that I bought at Aquatic as well for like 26 bucks or something. It's using a 50/50 daylight/actinic bulb.

Cool tank, really slick lookin! CLEAN!!! :)

Yea, I agree with Printer, those gobies are cold water beasts, a store here has some in a display tank, it's got a chiller tho, and they are NOT for sale. I hope yours does ok though

NICE STAR POLYPS YOU GOT THERE!!!!

I agree with the consensus.. Beautiful nano my friend! Its like the perfect example of what a nano should look like.. nice aquascaping, nice variety of corals, not over-packed, perfect lighting, healthy ihabitants, and I love that refugium. It looks like a CPR fuge, am I right? Youre making me wish I bought that instead of the Bakpak. Good job!

Man I hate looking at other people's algae free tanks. I couldn't imagine my tank not showing signs of algae on the glass and in the fuge. Chit, not even the crusty growing on the sides. I hate you and your purty tank. It looks incredible and I am jealous.

great tank. the catalina gobies do require the lower temps and do not have very good records of having a long life span in captivity. the really need to be taken out of the trade.

good looking setup. I am also considering a small refugium/sump for my 8.8 gallon and your setup would be an inspiration.

I am still setting it up (having the canopy custom built still).

Keep reefin!

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice. I just set up my nano 10/11/02 but not 100% confident I like how I aquascaped. The tank like yours is a AGA 10. I may model mine like yours. As a new member I have gone through all of MEMBERS tanks in which I really like Greenlincolns 7.5 gallon bow and now I am in the process of viewing all of Members Nano Reefs. So far I like yours the best.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the nice comments.

The lighting is a retrofit kit from flying fish express..

CSL 2x32watt (10,000k daylight / Ultra Actinic) bulbs.

My lights are on from noon to 10pm, with the actinic going on and off a half hour before and after the daylight bulb.

Man, I agree with Crakeur - your no-visible-algae tank makes me sick! :D

I've gotta have that CPR Fuge for my 10-gallon (like, today). Incredible tank, by the way....

You're not skimming, right NaNO?

Ross

Sorry if this question sounds stupid.

what is CSL ?

Nice tank Nano. I'm trying to start a 10 gallon tank also (my 1st attempt at reefing), and your tank is truly inspirational.

Archived