ReefCleaners.org

70w 20K BLV OCEAN ENCOUNTER GROUP BUY #2

B16A2NR

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's funny is that i totally set up a 10g last week in anticipation of this bulb. it'll still probably be like 3-5 days from when vince gets them in before we get ours here on the westcoast. i hope he gets them soon.

shrug

Originally posted by B16A2NR

I emailed Vince yesterday and he said that if they didn't come in today he would call his supplier. I will let you know how that went as soon as I find out.

Aquamedic has been on crazy backorder since the beginning of the year.. I had 2 special orders that took 2 weeks to ship..

Im assuming the AB 20K bulbs are part of that backlog too.. Luckily they claim to have caught up, so lets keep our fingers crossed..

In the meantime, I'm loving the 20K im running in my 12g DX..

Chris

Rub it it some more Chris! J/K

Vince emailed me and said he callled up AB and they have been sent to him, I'm presuming he got them and will now ship them to us.

you have to remember the way the group buy is set up to work. you saved ~ 30 bucks when all is said and done. you just have to wait a little while. plus these bulbs are supposed to be back ordered from the mfg

My bulb did arrive today, but I'm in MD and it shipped out of NJ. If I have time tonight I will try to set it up and get a picture. I am currently running an AB 10K(13K) over a small 10 gal frag tank. I will get a picture of the 10K and then swap out the bulb and get a picture of the 20K. I'm sure the 20K will look very blue until it burns in for a while.

you should post post burn in pictures as well. im running 10k w 2x28w antinic 03 and i have a nice crisp white color to the tank with mild floresence. im hoping after the 20k burns in to have a bluer look and high floresence from the corals. i have notice very rappid growth that has started after about a month or two with the 10k. i hope the growth will not slow much with the introduction of the 20k. does anyone have any experience with this?

The picture I am posting later tonight will definitely be a burn in picture. I meant that it will probably look very blue tonight as compared to several weeks from now. I took the 10K picture and swapped out the bulbs a few minutes ago and fired up the 20K. I will let it run for about 1/2 hour and then take a pic.

And here is a picture of the new AB 20K after running for about 1/2 hour. It is very blue right now, but I expect it to turn whiter as it burns in over the next few weeks.

wow i didnt realize how much dimmer the 20k is. i dont feel my 10k bulb burned in till after about a week or so of running. i suspect that the bulb will get brighter and more of a white color after it burns for a few days

Archived