ReefCleaners.org

Montipora caps

FishFanatic190

yeah the pink's, purples and yellows fade easier and faster than the oranges, dark browns and greens. Hav eno idea why other then the difference between radium and regular halide or pc and halide.

Good grief guys, this has gotten a little out of hand.

If you really want an honest opinion from an outsider reading this thread, you guys both sound immature.

An honest answer to your question would be that yes, you can keep a monti cap under 130 watts of PC's, and yes it may even retain an orangish color, and yes it will grow, albeit probably slow. You won't need to dose anything, period. If it's the only SPS in the tank, and you are doing regular water changes, everything will work out fine, as your water changes will bring in fresh calcium, and trace elements.

In the future, if you really want it to take off, try putting it under some metal halides, you'll be amazed at the difference, and you will soon learn that they can turn into a pest, lol.

If both of you are too mature for this ######, then why are you both still doing it? As another outsider, Fred, I've noticed that you are quick to judge a fellow reefer and call them immature or childish or mis-informed. Salty... I think you might know a little too much for your own good, but come on guys! I got a kick out of reading this thread all day. You two probably would've been quite good friends if you had not started this... Haha. Just let it be. I mean no offense in my post, so please don't take any. If we all weren't a bit "proud" of the way we each do things w/ our reefs, it wouldn't be any fun now, would it?

Back to the topic... Like Vic said... You can keep it just fine. I doubt it will loose all of its color, but it won't keep all of it. It will, no doubt, turn more of a brown, but I think the experience of keeping a hard coral would be worth it IMHO. Hope you've gotten some use out of this thread. ;)

SEE MY POST "7" posts up from this one guys? I already answerd and got back on track.

LOL!!!!!

"Salty SMacks Kogut with a tuna fish!!!!!!" " You sir have offended my honor!" LOL!!!!! I take no offense man !!!!!!!!

I just like lighting into half witted, knuckle dragging, dumb shiats.

BTW I HOPE EVERY ONE INCLUDING MONKEY BOY HAD A GOOD CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived