inTank Media Baskets

Montipora caps

FishFanatic190

FishFanatic190

I have a 20 gallon and no corals yet, getting 130w of pc for christmas and I realy like the montipora caps and was wondering is i could get some info.

Hi ....

I've a very little tank and of course I can't put HQI on it.

the tank is 3g and I've 1 neon 13W 10000k and 1 neon moonshine blu 11W

Do you think I could try to keep a little montipora?

Crazy killer whale: Pilegro!!! Domilo el' montipora! ( No dont try it man probably just die off.)

Fishfinatic: Yes it should house some just fine. You need to regularly add kalwieser or some other sort of calcium buffer, aslo you need to feed the tank microvert or a similair product with hard corals. It would aslo be a good idea to add strontium, some sort of amino acid based growth addetive as well as reef complete or another similair product. You need to maintain all of the natural elements in the water collum more with sps then with most other corals as they rapidly deplete the nutients and elements.

Wow Salty...your spelling is bad in any language..lol.

Not to mention your information is crap a lot of the time too.

Let's start with the spelling, and then move onto the crap information. "Peligro", "Damelo" (the Spanish mistakes). "Kalkwieser"?!! What is that, the kind of supplements? lol

Next..on to the information. In a nano, one or two montipora colonies are NOT going to deplete Ca and ALK levels fast enough to necessitate supplementation in any other regard than regular waterchanges. Why would you, or anyone else, even suggest adding such other supplements as "microvert" (crap food..if you're looking to feed corals..a much better bet is Cyclo-peeze or Golden Pearls [which indirectly feeds corals by feeding 'pod larvae]), Strontium (in studies, elevated strontium levels have been shown to INHIBIT calcification in stony corals), "amino acid based growth additive" (like, what, the Marc Weiss voodoo powders? These don't do anything that can't be accomplished with good water parameters and husbandry).

This is why a little bit of information and hearsay is a badthing..it allows the proliferation of reefkeeping myths to newbies everywhere.

Cheers,

Fred

Fred, 1st your a dick.

2nd : amino acid is one of the building blocks for ALL life forms ya moron. It ENCOURAGES GROWTH. THIS IS A SCIENTIFIC FACT IN BOLD PRINT. My spelling might be bad but from your AV your body odor may be worse!!!!!!!!

3rd, Who the FU!@ said anything about 1 or two motiporas you dill-weed!!!!! read my post again, hell read fish fanatics post or orcas again!!!! NOBODY said anything about 1 or 2 monitporas.

By rapidly I mean over a months time in a moderately stocked tank. BTW we are talking about a 20 gallon tank here not a freakn 100 g. So things will deplete faster. when you factor in LR sand and inhabitants your talking about only 15 g or so.

4th, strontium: You derailed your self in that flame aswell.

Thats why they come with instructions!!!!!!!! so you dont over dose which would lead to "elevated levels."

5th. Kalkwasser Maintains calcium , you know those two little letters in your little test kit? CA. retard.

BTW: I use cyclo-peez too. You spot feed with it as well incase you were wondering why your yellow polyps and candy cane heads were grabing it up.

Dumb arse!!!!!!!!!

Take your stench and your village idiot, fasle inteligence some where else.

By your pic you didnt stop draging your knuckles long ago so give your fingers a break and put some lotion on them or somthing.

Ya monkey looking freak!!!!!!!!!!!!

Microvert and other food stuffs are soley up to the user and and their coral. What they are comfortable with using, and what the coral will accept.

Show me the scientific proof of micro vert being "crap " food.

Hell show me any proof of what ya flamed me on.

I doubt you can cause' your knuckles are to sore still from forcing your knuckle drag'n hands to type.

If your looks dont frighten new members away your bad information will!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day monkey boy!!!!!!

Lol, SaltyDawg your hilarious dude. Now to keep this thread on track I'd say that a monti cap will do fine but will probably lose it's color and turn a brown/tan under the 130watt.

I love dealing with 14 year old idiots...lol.

1: Agreed..I'm a dick..a big big huge dick...that's me..yup.

2: Amino Acids: Yes..they are the basis for protein synthesis..however...supplementing "amino acids" with some magic voodoo powder isn't going to do a damn thing besides elivate your dissolved organic levels and lead to an algae bloom.

3: "over months at a time"? What..are we not doing waterchanges now? When did this become the fad?!!

4: There's a difference between "overdose" and "elevated levels"..unless you can unequivocally point me to a scientific study that shows that Strontium is a necessary component in coral skeletogenesis, I can point you all day long to the passage in Borneman that says just the OPPOSITE.

5: Your bad spelling is catching...I wrote "kind" instead of "king"..you called it KalkWEISER..like BudWEISER. It was a joke..oy vey..some people's children.

And your maturity level is telling...I don't deal with mentally handicapped.

Cheers,

Fred

and I love dealing with idiots in college who think they know every thing.

tomato's toma'tos. elevated levels lead to over dose.

algae blooms with amino acids. of course if you over dose it as well.

No matter how you slice it Fred, your just a prick having a bad day , probably decided to hijack a post and sound like the man with the plan.

Guess what...........WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

In any case....... you still look like a monkey.

BTW: I'm 30 and probably much bigger than your trying to make your little chest look in the picture. Nice try though I realy get a kick out of looking at it and seeing you inhale and expand our wing muscles to make you look bigger!!!!! BWHAHAHAHAHAHahahaaaaaaa!

Have "little mans disease" do we?

Cheers,

Salty

Hey..your mom likes the way I look.

And I'm actually having a great day...work is good, life is good...

But I digress...people can follow your advice and have a tank full of algae..or follow mine and have a decent looking reef...the choice..as always..is theirs.

Cheers,

Fred

Edit: LOL..actually..I'm 6'5", 270 lbs, and play rugby. I also played football in college where I was a 4 year starter at left guard.

Hey guys keep the testosterone down and keep the thread on topic, eh. Don't want the mods to close this and then the poor guy won't get a chance to see if his question was answered or not.

4 years Morhead State university, electro mechnical engineering degree, SEA certified mechanic, and going back to school for computer engineering next fall. 245, 6'1 not flabby like you look. and a varsity player "walk on"(scholastic scholarship not athletic). Center and left defensive end. I ate nancy boys like you for lunch. playing rugby makes you the worst kind of moron! Hey Mom watch me take a "cleat to my bare head!" BTW if I had change for a nickle at the time I may have been your father.

Shame your such an anal retentive ass. We have so much in common we may have became friends.

HAHAHAHAAAAAAaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWHAHAHAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No I'm Bigger!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHHAaaaaaaaaa!!!!

PS:

get a bra or somthing your man boobs are killing me !!!!!!

Monkey boy!!!!!! E - E- OOO---AH!!!!

Come on now seriously this is childish but dosent the poor bastard look like a monkey?

Don't have time for ####ing contests...nor will I pander to those who are stuck in their childhoods. You grow up and learn to deal with things an an adult manner (not calling someone a "dick"), and then you speak to them. That's how men act..come back when you grow up little boy.

Cheers,

Fred

aw I hurt da' big boys feelings.

Next!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

FAC_WNY said: "Edit: LOL..actually..I'm 6'5", 270 lbs, and play rugby. I also played football in college where I was a 4 year starter at left guard."

Then he said: "Don't have time for ####ing contests...nor will I pander to those who are stuck in their childhoods. "

Who is stuck in what???? LOL!!!!!!!!!

I love it when I draw blood.

Ok I'm done now.

back to your regularly schedueld postings.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

######e PIE!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

That is a classic!!!!!!!!!!!

You didnt throw me bone you threw me your ego.

Then I pizzed on it.

LOL...as if someone on an internet forum could do a damn thing to MY ego..LOLOL..that's the best one I've heard all day, boss.

Cheers,

Fred

Saltydawg I lost concentration for a minute there trying to follow you guys, haha. What was your response? Do you think you can keep a montipora cap under 130W of PC's?

DEFINATELY. But you may not be able to keep it intensive coloration with out halides in the 12-14k range or with out a radium bulb. Most of the insanely vivid caps are from a tank with radium bulbs.

Archived