Top Shelf Aquatics

2 Gallon DIY Pico

calvin415

You may want to move that xenia up closer to the top because they have a tendency to spread over everything they touch. Closer to the top deters this a bit. Nice looking tank.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I'm sorry to say that I've finally been bitten by the fish bug though, so I'm setting up a 65 Gallon (36x18x24) so I can have some fish. I'll be moving all of these into the new tank as it's already over budget and don't have any more money for corals. :) I'll take some pics of the new tank once it's looking good.

I just don't trust my joints as the nano tank is a DIY... Here is a pic of the new setup (65 gal), it still looks a little rough, but I'll try to get some better close ups.

I still need to drain it. It's just sitting on my desk 1/2 filled with water and moon sand. Kind of a shame, I spent so much time building it, now I'm only focused on my store bought tank.

Originally posted by calvin415

I still need to drain it. It's just sitting on my desk 1/2 filled with water and moon sand. Kind of a shame, I spent so much time building it, now I'm only focused on my store bought tank.

Hey, how much you want for it? B) I need something on my desk at work!

I don't think you would want it... If you look closely at the seams there are what look like stress marks since I didn't build it with a top. Instead I used 1/4 cell cast, figured it would hold. It's still holding, I just don't trust it. Figure I can turn it into something else instead, but I'll certainly entertain offers...

New Zoo! Zoo is too far from the glass to get a really good close up, but you can see it at zomania.com it's called a purple heart zoanthid. Also got some Green Hell, Red Devil, and Dragon Eye Zoo's.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived