Top Shelf Aquatics

Kappa Cube Reef 15g

kappa

I use a Eheim 1260 rated @635gph rated pump, pumping up less than 2 feet verticaly. Water goes through a black 1" flexible tube, a check valve, then a scwd, and goes to two alternating 45 degrees left and right for about 10 inches, and each side there is three 90 degree angles. My guess is there may be about 400gph at either nozzle that alternates on and off.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back a couple of months, please take a look at this. Originally these zoos were hard to indentify as Eagle Eyes, and yet they are, as seen now.

8259the-pass.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Nope, I like to keep the Kappa Cube Reef web site as it is with no furthur updates. I update everything on the NR forums. My 5.5 gal tank has been taken down a long time ago when I wanted to combine the Nano cube 12g and my 5.5g into one 15g regular tank. The biggest reason for making the upgrade to a bigger tank was because I wanted a rectangular tank after I realized I liked my 5.5g regular tank better than the nano cube.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, I never get around to working on the website, I apologize. In the future however, I am hoping of doing another website and pretty much discard the nano cube website, but I am not sure yet. Building the Kappa Cube Reef website was something that I really enjoyed back then. It helped me in many ways. I learned how to develope a useful website that can be navigatable to an extent, due to the limitaitons with geocities, and also create a searchable website that can be found using various search engines. The developement of Kappa Cube Reef will certainly help me out latter in the future in many ways, and I encourage people to go out and try to create their own websites on what ever it may be, and then try hard to make it better, and improve hits.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey Kappa -- you've got some great photos there!!! i like your camera but right now i'm more interested in your lighting....

are all of your shots taken under the 150w 14k Phoenix bulb??? i'm verrry interested in this bulb, i see your last shot was taken under it, what about the others?? and if so is it your only lighting on your tank??

thanks a lot,,,,lisa :)

Ahhh nice yellow clown goby. Man that thing must be really tiny. You see it compared to the Ric. I always liked those clown goby.

Lisa, previous pictures were taken with 150w aqualine ab 10k with or without 14w actinics. Currently all pictures are taken under 150w 14k with out actinics, but I still have actinics for a more bluer look, and for dusk to dawn effect. I use a 4mp canon sd10 for some shots, and I use a 3mp as30 panasonic dsnap fro some shots.

Cesar, yep, good observation, that is my green ric shriveled up in an area that has too much light. However, i have moved that ric, and it has opened furthur.

Archived