inTank Media Baskets

Kappa Cube Reef 15g

kappa

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tested my calcium about twice a day now, before and after adding about 4 drops oc coral calcium. The results were that calium levels remained at 350 ppm no matter what. I thought that my calium was droping from 400 to 350 everyday I added calium, but that was not the case. I checked my Alkalinity, and it was way high, maybe due to dosing pH buffer too much. Alkalinity was 12.5 in dKH and 4.46 in meq/L. However, my pH is 8.1 with lights on.

I will post this in the other forum since this isn't the right place. This is for Supernip to know.

Kappa how do you like the starfish you got? I hear the blue ones have a shorter lifespan than the red ones. what does he enjoy eating? I recently purchased a marble colored one. I like how they slowly cruise.

Tank looks great keep it up, hope the issue stays cleared up for you. I shot you back a e-mail about swapping those zoos.

i used to have the same fungia! they're quite common now i guess. and i believe u when u say they glow even w/o actinics, they're amazing! too bad mine died... :( i think the tissue was torn or damaged somehow when some grains of sand fell on top of it (stupid snails!), and when the tissue died, it slowly infected the coral leading to a slow death :(

btw, i miss ur RBTA... anyways, nice tank :)

I got another anenome. I thought it was going to split when I bought it, but it is not going too :( SO I have a big anenome again. Oh well. I found out I got a bristle worm living in one of my rock. He has grown pretty big since the last time I saw him. He is atleast two inches now. Time for more pics of my tank tommorow!

About the starfish. I got a red Linkia. When handling this kind of starfish you got to be careful with your pH not fluctuating much, and also make sure you acclimate the starfish as long as you can. I suggest atleast 2 hours with drip methoud acclimation. I acclimated mine for 5 hours because they are super fragile and die easily.

sorry about the late response. I think rhino guy on your other thread did a good job of explaining why. I'd also get an lfs to check your water or something. your high alk, low calcium sounds weird. Is the salifert stuff an 2 part system or just calcium?

Salifert ad on marine depot says that Salifert coral calcium is mad of a balance of calcium with ions such as sulfate, chloride, bromide, sodium and magnesium. It's cool all my levels or normal now. Thanks.

dont worry about the bristle worm, imo they are the best.

i had one (havent seen it for a while) that was about 7 inches at least, i saw him come out and eat a nice big peice of blennie poo, yumm

your tank looks great, my wife wants a coco worm like yours but they arent available here and neither are the red linkia's.

hows your calc working out??

I got another rbta about three weeks ago, and when I bought it, upon close inspection the anenome had two foot. Finally about two days ago, My ananome split, and I have two smaller anenomes now. I have an extra anenome now, and he is already in a seperate container waiting to be bought by someone who has a nano reef tank with proper lighting.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I updated the fuge. There is now a 10 gallon fuge sitting beneath my 15 gallon main tank. Micro bubbles are reduced greatly, but some tiny bubbles still make it to the return pump, which kinda sucks. If only if I bought one more glass baffle instead of two to redirect the bubbles to the water surface. Overall I am very happy, and noise is reduced greatly due to the ten gallon fitting snugly underneath the stand. The stand itself is probably taking some of the return pump's vibration.

I got more water now :)

8259022605dsnap.jpg

My other images were taken with a canon sd10 4 mega pixle. This picture however was taken with a 3.2 mega pixle Panasonic AS30 Dsnap. Return water flow was not shut off while taking this photo.

In the photo the neon plate coral is not inflated, and appears more metallic green than neon.

10 gallon fuge contains:

5lbs of ls, Berlin sock, 5lbs lr rubbles, cheato macro algae, Chemipure carbon, Eheim 1260@635gph, and one 10k 14w life-glo2 t8.

other photo info:

150 de hqi MH 10k no actinics

Archived