Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

0.7 AIO Reef Tank for $70. Curious if this could be successful?

duganderson

duganderson
The Rainy Day Aquarium

These tiny tanks are possible to keep, and can be fun, although they can be tricky and are more of a novelty. I've built and kept several over the years. Water changes are your best friend. I wouldn’t keep any kind of fish in these. Just too small. I’ve kept crabs/shrimp/misc tiny inverts in mine, but I’ve really just focused on a few show piece corals. I’ve also kept dragons breath in one of mine with a lot of success. 

• Like 1
natalia_la_loca

If you decide to get the tank, i’d check the temp with the lights on and the pump running, as those things might be enough to warm the water without adding a heater. 

If you did need a heater, that betta heater should be fine, but i’d pair it with an Inkbird temperature controller because those mini heaters always have poor quality thermostats or none at all and are there’s a solid chance it will cook your livestock. 

• Like 1

Looks like a knockoff version of those PNW minis.

Second the recommendation for an Inkbird. IMO, every heater should be plugged into a backup controller, even the really good ones. That extra point of failure standing between potential heater malfunctions and your tank getting cooked is always a good thing.

Do not put a fish in there, even a tiny baby. Sexy shrimp might be alright, though I'd wait awhile and make sure you can keep it stable before adding them.

• Like 2