Pod Your Reef

New guy from NC

Fishy Guy

Hello everyone!

New member here from the Wilmington, NC area. I'm new to reefing but have been a long time freshwater planted guy. I will be working on setting up my first reef tank over the next month or so with the help of a buddy who has been at it a while. I've been lurking for a while trying to learn as much as I can and thought I ought to finally introduce myself.

• Like 5

Hey guy!

Also new here (and to reefing) but welcome!

What kind of system and inhabitants do you plan on keeping? How big a volume?

This place is a trove of insight and resources and though opinions can vary, it's great to hear from people with TONS of experience. I feel like I've learned a lot from doing the preliminary researching it takes to start up a reef tank but am also learning things everyday. From day 1 to current day 120ish, I've definitely gotten more confident with upkeep. Definitely start slow and try to learn as much as you can! Good luck with the journey!

• Like 1
On 12/7/2023 at 2:28 PM, night_cloud said:

Hey guy!

Also new here (and to reefing) but welcome!

What kind of system and inhabitants do you plan on keeping? How big a volume?

This place is a trove of insight and resources and though opinions can vary, it's great to hear from people with TONS of experience. I feel like I've learned a lot from doing the preliminary researching it takes to start up a reef tank but am also learning things everyday. From day 1 to current day 120ish, I've definitely gotten more confident with upkeep. Definitely start slow and try to learn as much as you can! Good luck with the journey!

Thanks!

I'll be setting up an IM 25 lagoon. I plan to take things slow so unsure how I'm going to stock it yet other than a clown or two ha. I love invertebrates so am just as excited about the clean up crew as I am fish and coral. With coral will be doing softies to start and then hope to branch into LPS.

First step I need to build a stand; hoping to get that mostly knocked out this weekend.

20 hours ago, Fishy Guy said:

Thanks!

I'll be setting up an IM 25 lagoon. I plan to take things slow so unsure how I'm going to stock it yet other than a clown or two ha. I love invertebrates so am just as excited about the clean up crew as I am fish and coral. With coral will be doing softies to start and then hope to branch into LPS.

First step I need to build a stand; hoping to get that mostly knocked out this weekend.

Sick man! Just picked up a nuvo 20 myself. I started reefing last spring and am already priming to start up my second tank :')