SaltCritters.com

Nero3, Red Blinking

Hasted

Out of warranty. Red blinking whi h claims blockage or motor issue. Followed all cleaning (citris, scrub, reset, etc) suggestions around the web.

Has anyone been able to fix the Red blinking issue WITHOUT sending it back in? 

This is a tank for my high school classroom so hoping to fix it with minimal extra money.  Has been a great pump up till now.

On 11/22/2023 at 10:19 AM, Hasted said:

Out of warranty. Red blinking whi h claims blockage or motor issue. Followed all cleaning (citris, scrub, reset, etc) suggestions around the web.

Has anyone been able to fix the Red blinking issue WITHOUT sending it back in? 

This is a tank for my high school classroom so hoping to fix it with minimal extra money.  Has been a great pump up till now.

Sorry to hear! Mine crapped out twice, first time under warranty, second time they told me I had to pay for postage and repair, so yeah, I can put that money towards a new pump because I don't trust that it won't break again... great pump, but not cool when they don't last.

18 hours ago, RickvD said:

I had this a few weeks ago. Removing it from the app, then reset it and then add it back to the app solved it for me.

I'm sure I've tried this.. let me try again. 🤞

On 11/22/2023 at 4:38 PM, RickvD said:

I had this a few weeks ago. Removing it from the app, then reset it and then add it back to the app solved it for me.

Tried it a few times with no luck. Does a 1/8th spin back and forth a few times then Red rings again. Bummer. Thanks for trying!

On 11/23/2023 at 8:22 PM, Hasted said:

Tried it a few times with no luck. Does a 1/8th spin back and forth a few times then Red rings again. Bummer. Thanks for trying!

If nothing else, it's a good weekend to get a new pump. I picked up the Octo Pulse 2 on sale.

• Agree 1
5 hours ago, Orangutran said:

If nothing else, it's a good weekend to get a new pump. I picked up the Octo Pulse 2 on sale.

I have the 5 and the 3 for my reefer 170 I am just setting up again after a recent Reno.

my three did this, and a reset worked.

great pump, I hope mine do not fail.

the more tech we get now a days, the more problems it seems…..🤞

send us a picture of the tank 😁

I've tried a multitude of things, no luck. 

Soaked multiple times in citAcid. 

Reset to green. Reset to red. Removed from app.

Shook it violently while shouting choice words.

Move the propeller on boot up to try to convince motor to follow. 

Used a stronger magnet to try to move internals. 

Light tapping with hammer, crowbar, and lead babbitt.

I tossed in some super small koralia pumps I used in my previous tank's sump to help move water for now. Looks like I am in the market for a new pump. I've posted my Kessil Ap9x up for trade in hopes I can get one without cash.

On 11/25/2023 at 6:57 AM, Staticmoves said:

send us a picture of the tank 😁

I can send a pic when back to school tomorrow! It isn't much, but the kids enjoy it.