inTank Media Baskets

15g Anemone Cube

Lebowski_

Not really sure what to with my rock. I am mostly posting this so I can go back and look at the other setups I’ve done.

Tried to do a cave set up, which is how I always positioned my LR in larger tanks, but I don’t love it in the cube. 

IMG_4104.thumb.jpeg.ed103420d7322198475b806d467c24ca.jpeg

That heater is temp as a helper while I get my Helio situation resolved.

• Like 2
Lebowski_

Dinos/diatoms almost completely gone 😇

Need to start cranking the white before I take pics.

Tank is doing well, stable. 

Going to get a tank bred Flametail Goby soon.

IMG_4150.jpeg

IMG_4148.jpeg

IMG_4149.jpeg

IMG_4152.jpeg

IMG_4151.jpeg

• Like 5

Not much going on. Picked up a couple mushrooms, and a tank bred pair Clowns.

A couple weeks ago I added a leather frag smaller than my pinky fingernail. It blew away during the night and I thought it was gone. Turns out it attached itself behind the Frogspawn and is no growing like a weed lol. 8 new finger branches and 4” in two weeks…getting concerned about my new overlord.

IMG_4175.thumb.jpeg.d20a8d53a0ee4caa1dc4b9012b17b5d6.jpeg

IMG_4176.thumb.jpeg.df1a33c84027412df16a76d01e3ab93d.jpeg

Accidentally left my Nero off after feeding and the Dino’s came back overnight, oops. Slowly disappearing again. Going to feed a bit heavy for a week to get params back up too.

• Like 4
banasophia
On 5/10/2023 at 10:37 AM, Lebowski_ said:

Not much going on. Picked up a couple mushrooms, and a tank bred pair Clowns.

A couple weeks ago I added a leather frag smaller than my pinky fingernail. It blew away during the night and I thought it was gone. Turns out it attached itself behind the Frogspawn and is no growing like a weed lol. 8 new finger branches and 4” in two weeks…getting concerned about my new overlord.

IMG_4175.thumb.jpeg.d20a8d53a0ee4caa1dc4b9012b17b5d6.jpeg

IMG_4176.thumb.jpeg.df1a33c84027412df16a76d01e3ab93d.jpeg

Accidentally left my Nero off after feeding and the Dino’s came back overnight, oops. Slowly disappearing again. Going to feed a bit heavy for a week to get params back up too.

Looks great… that coral is growing fast!

• Lebowski_ changed the title to 15g Anemone Cube

1684268277526.gif

Big update today. Here's what has gone down since the last update...

• Mid May I got hit with a good old dino+cyano outbreak. My PO4 and NO3 both hit 0. It got to the point where thick mats started to cover everything, including the mushrooms.

image0.jpeg

• I began a regimen suggested by someone on another board. This included:
    • Reduce blues by 80% and whites by 100%.
    • 1.5mL hydrogen peroxide dosed nightly.
    • Feeding increased.
    • Add microbaktor7 daily, with coral snow.
    • Don't touch glass - let film algae grow.

Here is day 0:

IMG_4265.jpeg

...and here is day 5:

IMG_4295.jpeg

Goodbye cyano!

• Next, I had a bit of an issue where I told someone I would buy an anemone off them when they tore down their tank. They were planning for mid July. One day in May, they said change of plans, come get your anemone...I was not ready. So for the short term, I had to keep it in a cup.

IMG_4304.jpeg

img_4308-jpeg.3175780

• Luckily, my new tank I had planned on showed up (25 lagoon). This allowed me to shift some things around. I ended up moving this 15g downstairs, and it's slowly becoming an anemone cube. The BTA is quite happy!

IMG_4349.jpeg

IMG_4352.jpeg

...and here's the new lagoon:

IMG_4344.jpeg

• The clowns decided to host a tupperware with baby mushroom frags instead of the anemone....they then started fighting a lot more. I woke up one morning and found them together in the anemone and I thought all was well...

IMB_jn3Afg.gif

• However, this peace didn't last long. At some point, I saw the female take a chunk of fin off and I've decided to divorce them...she has been moved to the 25g for the short term. Not sure what to do - reintroduce? Sell the female? We will see.

• This week, I will finalize bringing over the LPS and mushrooms to the 25g, and that should make some room for more anemones long term!

• Like 1