Top Shelf Aquatics

Just signed up for this forum.

Gellisjr1

Let me start off by introducing my self. My name is Gordon. I am from Upstate, NY. The hobby started when I was a kid. My father had a saltwater fish tank and just really fell in love with the beautiful colors saltwater fish have. Shortly after I got married and moved into my apartment with my wife, I set up a saltwater tank of my own. I did really well with the tank & fish. I had a spotted grouper. When I purchased him from the store he was only about 1.5 - 2 inches long. When I disassembled my tank he had grown to be about 6-7 inches.  His tank mates were a lyon fish, Domino damselfish, Niger Trigger, Picasso Trigger, a sebae anemone and a Gold stripe Maroon clownfish. The clownfish loved his anemone. I had this tank for about 3 years. We had to move out of our apartment 3 months before we were able to move into our new home. I had to rent a storage locker, put all our stuff in it while we waited for our house to be finished being built. I ended up giving away my aquarium and gear just so i didn't have to store the stuff. I regretted it ever since. So here I am several years later. I have just purchased a 35 gallon cube rimless tank and stand. I have been planing out how I want to set up the filter system for this tank. I want to use a sump filtration system to house the filter media (mechanical & Biological), heater, protein skimmer, return pump, auto top off sensor and use a UV sterilizer mounted inside the stand and plumbed into the return side of the system. I am trying to keep the tank as clean as possible and keep things from hanging on the back of the tank and the least amount of electrical cords. I really want a simplistic / clean look for this tank. Sorry for the winded introduction. I am excited about getting back into the hobby.

Thank you.

Gordon.

• Like 3