SaltCritters.com

Floating frag rack?

patback

Years ago there was a member who I believe was also eventually a forum sponsor that handmade rocks/frag plugs that fit together like a puzzle out of epoxy. They would hang with embedded magnets so you essentially had a floating, seemless rock that you could swap different corals out on. Anyone remember who it was, and if they still make them?  I am looking for a frag rack and would like to see what he/she has available first. 

Damn, I racked my brain for over an hour and remembered a few minutes after posting. NanoRox is who I was thinking of. 

He is still apparently making stuff but it is all custom and he doesn't do frag racks anymore. 

• Like 1
On 2/12/2023 at 8:41 PM, patback said:

Years ago there was a member who I believe was also eventually a forum sponsor that handmade rocks/frag plugs that fit together like a puzzle out of epoxy. They would hang with embedded magnets so you essentially had a floating, seemless rock that you could swap different corals out on. Anyone remember who it was, and if they still make them?  I am looking for a frag rack and would like to see what he/she has available first. 

I bought my floating rocks from BRS. 

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/catalogsearch/result?q=magnetic rocks

I ended up buying a cheap-o acrylic one from brs. I just wanted the rock one if the original guy from nr was still making them. I appreciate the help though. 

• Like 1
On 2/12/2023 at 7:45 PM, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

I think Aqua Rocks makes what you’re describing. 

I'll 2nd this, Aqua Rocks makes lots of nice pieces for reasonable prices. He'll even make custom ones to your specs. Be careful of attaching these racks to your front or rear glass. I put a few scratches in my glass, now I only attach these to the overflow or the back wall.