Top Shelf Aquatics

AquaClear carbon bags

Reefkid88

Has anyone ever had a problem with them having metal in them and rusting ? This is the 2nd pouch I have used,and has rusted. I thought maybe it was something in the media bag,so I put it in my own and nope still rusted in numerous spots. Tanks been SUPER cloudy,and idk if thats why or what. KZ Coral Snow hasn't even cleared it up whatsoever. 

Thanksfully I got a big container of carbon from BRS for black friday. 20221128_165147.thumb.jpg.ac2e0253af25f4d1d2cb919487244179.jpg20221128_165153.thumb.jpg.20dc0d4a4c62d22149ad1d8c0e4520df.jpg

I've always stayed far away from those easily obtainable carbon bags. In the long run loose carbon will always be cheaper and in the correct dosage for your tank.

I know it's easy, but is it worth it? For what you paid for the aquaclear carbon. You could have bought a small tub of marineland carbon and had 5x the volume.

Do a 20% w/c and chalk this up to a learning experience. 

@JBM

That is partially true. Here,even at Petco a small tub of Marineland carbon is almost $14 while a 3 pack of AC50 carbon bags is 6. I have ALWAYS used these and this is my first time in 13yrs I have EVER had this happen. 

But I got carbon from BRS and swapped carbon,did a 1g water change so we shall see. The water is a lot more clear before I went to sleep last night. 

That is so wild that the same product is vastly different in price. The small marineland carbon is ~7.50 here in NY.

Maybe email Hagen and see if they had a bad batch, or if they can compensate you in some way.

• Agree 1
30 minutes ago, JBM said:

That is so wild that the same product is vastly different in price. The small marineland carbon is ~7.50 here in NY.

Maybe email Hagen and see if they had a bad batch, or if they can compensate you in some way.

You would think it would be the opposite since how expensive every day life is up there. But nope,its insane how expensive even little saltwater things are down here.