ReefCleaners.org

Mattie got a 40g

mattie

mattie,

i was talking about yellow tangs. i have seen HUGE ones. a store in KC has monsterous ones in a 500 gal system. not sure of the exact orgin though.

ive almost ordered from reefscience about 10 times, but can never take the plunge once shipping is added in.

www.reefermadness.us has the best prices. their prices INCLUDE shipping. the only down side is the colonies are huge. there will be the little 3x3 SPS that reef science sells on reefermadess every once in a while and you can get them shipped for like $75-90 bucks . a far better deal. the corals actually look like the pics too. they get some insane stuff. most of it is wild caught though.

Mattie,

Yes, sorry, the 15g's the only one I remembered at the time. :blush: I think you need to put GSP all over the bottom of the tank. That rock (covered all with nice new corals) growing out of a grassy plain of GSP would look really really cool. That wouldn't defeat the whole BB thing, would it?

Best,

Phil

www.reefermadness.us has the best prices. their prices INCLUDE shipping.

REALLY?! man that makes their prices really really nice. i would have paid their prices even if the shipping wasn't included, lol.

Originally posted by mattie

frag swap at my house sounds great to me.

Don't forget me. I only lost 3 frags and the bleached colonies are slowly coming back. Too bad I now have to goto Texas for 3+ weeks. Should be interesting to see the tank when I get back. :*(

BTW looks good Mattie-I love acrylic.

dude, no gsp bottom. It will look like a lawn. Unless you like that look. oh well, still kickin tank. And by the way, I dove a couple years back over in Waikiki and guess what......tangs in the nature only about the size of my fist. No kidding. Thousands of em. And they love pellets too! (don't tell) he he. Anyway, Your 20 rocks and so shall your 40! good luck!

YEA....... THAT'S WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!

finally alittle respect and understanding......

i already have the sand for it.... fine select araganite. maybe put down a 1/4 to 1/2 an inch.... I like a sandy bottom on a tank personally i think the lawn idea maybe neat but nah... if i could get it on the back that would be cool but i will see what i get i am doing a little trading coming up soon..... he he

feeding the fish is fun even in the ocean my favorite sight is at Hanauma Bay... the Japanese tourist's buy fish food to snorkle and feed the fish but the fish will jump out of the water into the bag to make the tourist drop the hole bag of fish food and then the water swirls and bubbles like a craxy pirana feeding frenzy for about 60 seconds cause all the fish within 200ft come running all this time there's hands flying in the air and alot of screaming and then poof all the fish are gone and all thats left is an empty plastic bag ...... it really is one of the greats fish feeding sights i have ever seen.... i think i laughed for hours after the first time i saw it happen

thank you it brought me alot of joy thinking about it... :)

Originally posted by mattie

well chad from www.reefscience.com lives 10 minutes from me.. and brian from B&K frags also is a good friend of mine there are 3 lfs near me that have good corals if you go on the shippment day

www.ralieghfishworld.com    fishpro's and aquascape

chad from reefscience always has plenty of hard to find corals. i just wish he was cheaper.... but people will pay and i do... :)

Hey where's "aquascape"? can't find any mention of them online. I went to Fish World a couple weeks ago and was really impressed with the quantity of coral they had.

Originally posted by corey0613

www.reefermadness.us has the best prices.  their prices INCLUDE shipping.  the only down side is the colonies are huge.  

Chris and Christine Rock! His Stuff rocks. He never sells anything if it looks like it is going south. He always has nice sps frag packs. Shoot them an email for a large frag pack. Or, go to the aquacultured section, the stuff is smaller, but it is still large in a tank of say 10G.

Check out the blue coral they are holding for fragging at a later date. I think there's a wait list.

Something I've always wanted to see was a barebottom, with the rocks , all split flat on one side with a chisel/prybar and mallet. you can get good flat surfaces, and it would look like a cut out of the ocean.

aquascape is near downtown old raleigh i usually take hillsborough to peace turn left and right before the freeway entrance there is small hard to see stripmall with 5 stores in it and aquascape is there note: they are never open on moday but they usually will make frags of anything they have and get corals on odd days

fish pro's is near cary and they get there corals on thursday's around noon and the are usually way cheaper than fishworld.

fish pro's is the one i goto most becouse they buy stuff from me for store credit from time to time.... and i have become good friends with the 2 people who are the saltwater experts there and they actually know there stuff vs. fish world will sell you anything and tell it will be fine regardless of what it is but fish world alway's has choice LR that yhou can cherry pick if you want.

i saw a bare bottom that was covered with the brightest florida rics in all colors, with SPS domination on the LR above. talk about freakin awesome. i was going to do it with my tank, but removing sand is such a b*tch

I tried to make my 29G have a GSP back ground from the massive piece that had taken over 1/3 of the front glass on my 10G (server crashed so no pics atm). The GSP wasn't having it on the back glass. I did get a bit to attach on the bottom but nothing like what it did in the 10G. Now on my 29G I have zoo's attaching to the bottom on one half of the tank and on the other half I have SPS frags.

Mattie-Unfortunately I leave for Texas Sunday morning but with me being gone for 3 weeks and the tank running on auto top off for 3 weeks and no hands in it everything I've fragged should take off.

ever gone snorkeling/ diving in the grand caymans it is unbeatable.

so far the cayman's simply cannot be beat for me. i am still trying to beat it though :D going to hawaii this summer.

woohoo! thanks for the info mattie, I found them, it's actually Aqua Escape, here's their yellow pages info if anyone searches these forums for it:

Aqua Escape Aquarium

200 West Peace Street, Raleigh, NC 27603

(919) 755-0400

I love finding new aquarium places around here!

Archived