Innovative Marine Aquariums

Reef bowl

cje0114

Hey…it’s been a while since my last post but I have a new pico to share. Meet Cordelia the reef bowl. It’s a cookie jar that holds roughly 2 gallons when empty. It’s been running about three months now. There is no dosing or testing of the water…only weekly water changes and occasional feeding. 

I have an Instagram page I just made to document the progress of this bowl..flow along if you like at cordelia_the_reef_bowl 

223DE7A0-F257-47D9-B637-0B9359950BB9.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Wow 8
36 minutes ago, cje0114 said:

Hey…it’s been a while since my last post but I have a new pico to share. Meet Cordelia the reef bowl. It’s a cookie jar that holds roughly 2 gallons when empty. It’s been running about three months now. There is no dosing or testing of the water…only weekly water changes and occasional feeding. 

I have an Instagram page I just made to document the progress of this bowl..flow along if you like at cordelia_the_reef_bowl 

223DE7A0-F257-47D9-B637-0B9359950BB9.jpeg

Looks great!

• Agree 2
11 minutes ago, brandon429 said:

I would call that a strong competitor among reef bowls!

Thank you..that means a lot to me! It’s still a young bowl and growing constantly. I can’t wait to see where it is a year from now. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kimdawg said:

Wow, you packed a lot color in that tiny space.  It is beautiful.

Thank you! I’m hoping to pack some more color in it soon..lol. 

there’s a few more pics on Instagram if you would like to see. Cordelia_the_reef_bowl

Cordelia shares space with our bonsai trees, some assorted plants and a matching bowl that is low tech planted freshwater tank. 

they both receive natural sunlight for a good portion of the day which is outside of the box but there are zero algae issues and the coral has responded well. Lights run from 2pm until 10 pm on the reef and 4pm to 8:30 pm on the planted bowl. 

3273BF4D-0513-4277-B484-43DA74AFEBE4.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 4
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

im a huge planted tank nerd, so I love seeing a planted tank getting some love!   However, That reef bowl is one of the coolest things i have seen.   No water flow?   Do you use a heater at all?