Cultivated Reef

Any one have a reccomendation for a snowflake eel tank size

triggers are cool

mitten_reef

spotting a trend here, asking for recommendation/opinion but actually don't seem to care for what is shared.... 🤷‍♂️

Also, perhaps IMO, it would be better if you prefaced it with, I'm thinking of getting an X size tank with Y type filtration setup, can I house a,b,c fish happily in the system? 

But if you have a fish goal in mind, you should definitely err on the larger end, especially if you plan to house multiple of large-species in one tank.  Good luck. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
triggers are cool

while yes they do grow big i think if they have enough rockwork to hide in and not many fish to compete for food i think it will be fine i will start with a forty if he acts more aggressive and just signs he needs more space. I will move him to my 75 gallon tank also i need some recomendations on good protein skimmers if i do get one.

ryans.salty.crew
4 minutes ago, triggers are cool said:

while yes they do grow big i think if they have enough rockwork to hide in and not many fish to compete for food i think it will be fine i will start with a forty if he acts more aggressive and just signs he needs more space. I will move him to my 75 gallon tank also i need some recomendations on good protein skimmers if i do get one.

Bigger is better, if you can put em in the 75g then do that. 

triggers are cool

ok saw your comment while yes i may be a bit stubborn with fish and tank sizes i will give them back to the my lfs if they are acting like they need more space also i said i was going to get a baby they take 5 more or less years to be adults  but i will think about it check with my lfs wich is sadly 2 to 3 hours away to see if they think 40 is too small i will not get one i kinda just want to see how it does with snails and shrimp crabs because i have heard stories of them demolishing aqauriums thankyou for your opinion.

• Like 1
mitten_reef
21 minutes ago, triggers are cool said:

sorry if i made you mad mitten hope you have a swell day.

not mad, just pointing out what it's looking like from reading your posts.  glad to see you already have a tank, maybe you can explain why can't the new fish go in that 75, vs trying to put them in a smaller tank?

• Like 2
triggers are cool

i want to see how they would react because i worry about that eel killing some things like my mandarin cleaner shrimp just little fish i hear that they might eat anything that can fit in thier mouth just a test you know.

triggers are cool

also i live in brainerd so you know the pain on how the only fish stores are in minneapolis and st.cloud

Are you Emily from R2R? It is weird that I met two people this week from the town of Brainerd/Baxter.

I like the octopus and aquamaxx brands for skimmers

I would recommend a sump/skimmer/good filtration if keeping messy fish like eels in a 40. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, triggers are cool said:

...needs more space. I will move him to my 75 gallon tank

So it looks like you do have a 75 gallon tank, and are thinking about adding a 40 breeder.

How about setting up a new 40 breeder and moving the smaller fish and inverts into it.  Then you'd have the 75 gallon tank available for a snowflake eel and the juvenile trigger that you were talking about earlier.

16 hours ago, triggers are cool said:

I worry about that eel killing some things like my mandarin cleaner shrimp just little fish i hear that they might eat anything that can fit in their mouth

Yeah, eels are apt to eat tankmates which they can fit in their mouths.

• Like 4
triggers are cool

it is a new tank im not new to the hobby i had a tank 6 years back and i dont know i think the cleaner will be fine since most fish value there services so i will wait a year ish to see how big they get (My fish) and  we will see maybe a golden dwarf eel we will see if  i get one or not.

triggers are cool
18 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Are you Emily from R2R? It is weird that I met two people this week from the town of Brainerd/Baxter.

I like the octopus and aquamaxx brands for skimmers

I would recommend a sump/skimmer/good filtration if keeping messy fish like eels in a 40. 

no that is not me im a male not a girl and thanks i have an octopus right now for my 75 works like a charm

• Like 1
ryans.salty.crew

I don't know if it's the way you type or your online demeanor, I just get the vibe that your name and profile picture fit you very very well.

I'm not trying to insult you.

triggers are cool
1 minute ago, 10g4Me said:

I don't know if it's the way you type or your online demeanor, I just get the vibe that your name and profile picture fit you very very well.

I'm not trying to insult you.

that is funny but yes im a clown stubborn one too 

8 minutes ago, triggers are cool said:

blue ribbon eel in a 75 help me seabass

That might work size-wise.  However, Rhinomuraena quaesita is often considered an expert-only species; so if you have to ask about it, I wouldn't recommend it.

• Like 2