ReefCleaners.org

Attaching Ricordea Mushroom

bravotango

Hi,

I'm a relatively new coral keeper. Recently, my very healthy ricordea mushroom detached from its rock fragment (I assume because it was now in an area that had too much flow from the powerhead I added a few months ago). I've tried to super glue the base to another rock multiple times but it never seems to hold. I tried a rubber band, but after a day, it looked like the rubber band would cut through the coral. Any advice for a different approach/adhesive?

less than bread

Do you have some sort of small plastic basket type thing? Something that would allow some water movement through it but would keep the mushroom inside. That's how a lot of people frag soft corals. Put some rubble in the basket with the mushroom in a low flow area and after about a week, the mushroom should attach to a piece of rock. I'm sure most hardware stores sell baskets that would work

Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Beckett-Aquatic-Accessories-Baskets-PBS1010/dp/B0013FK6EG/ref=asc_df_B0013FK6EG/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198070022856&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=18376462458755881708&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9019498&hvtargid=pla-351747819318&th=1