SaltCritters.com

Ghl kh director & Ion director on nano reef

Jens_Reef

Hello,

I want to try something and i can’t find much information on it or someone who tried this.

Because i have not much space for a reef tank and i want to have sps again, i want to buy a waterbox peninsula 15 or 25 and put a ghl kh and ion director on it for stability.

Would this be possible?

Can’t find much info on someone using this equipment on small tank.

Pro’s and cons? 

Best regards,

Jens

It's certainly possible, and I've seen it done, but it seems like a very heavy investment for a small tank. What are you trying to achieve? Just dosing?

There are a lot of tanks here that grow sps just fine without heavy automation.

16 hours ago, DevilDuck said:

It's certainly possible, and I've seen it done, but it seems like a very heavy investment for a small tank. What are you trying to achieve? Just dosing?

There are a lot of tanks here that grow sps just fine without heavy automation.

I want to achieve mainly automatic dosing so I don't need to test for the main parameters so frequently. In my past experience, I have noticed that because of work there are weeks were I have almost no time to test and only do the quick weekly waterchange. This is were I think it went wrong the last time.

Also I am hoping in the next couple of years I can have a bigger tank so it would not be a waste to have the equipment allready.