Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Auto Aqua Smart ATO Micro Lite is any one using it?

debbeach13

I have the original version (not the LITE) and it has been the best money I ever spent on equipment.

This version does not have the red blinking warning light/sensor or the audio alarm. It is half the price of the original so I am considering purchasing this version. For the most part it has very good reviews, but I trust the members here opinions more. Please let me know what you think if you have one. Thanks in advance for your input.

• Like 1
The Rainy Day Aquarium

I've used two of them on previous tanks for years. Both have preformed flawlessly (including the pumps) My only grip; over the years both of the sensor housings on mine have developed cracks in the plastic and one has let water inside. It does has a waterproof potting compound that seals the electronics internally, but still, you would think that this would never happen (maybe some kind of manufacturing error?) Over all though, I am happy with the purchases and would buy them again.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, Chowder's Reef said:

I've used two of them on previous tanks for years. Both have preformed flawlessly (including the pumps) My only grip; over the years both of the sensor housings on mine have developed cracks in the plastic and one has let water inside. It does has a waterproof potting compound that seals the electronics internally, but still, you would think that this would never happen (maybe some kind of manufacturing error?) Over all though, I am happy with the purchases and would buy them again.

i am running this ATO on my tank and i recently experienced that issue aswell it wasnt recognizing my water level and wasnt filling the tank properly with water i contacted the seller on amazon and they were able to send me a replacement sensor within 3 days since this ATO comes with a one year warranty. one thing i recommend is that if any light hits the sensor it will not fill to the desired water level so avoid anykinda light to hit the sensor directly like display tank lighting or refugium lighting. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, travoose said:

I have the version with the blue light that blinks red and beeps.  Love it.  Has never failed (**knock on wood**).

That sounds like the original. Which is what I have already and am happy with it. Just wondering if it too risky not to have the red light and beeps.

1 hour ago, Chowder's Reef said:

My only grip; over the years both of the sensor housings on mine have developed cracks in the plastic and one has let water inside.

I hate to bother but is this happening to the original or lite version?

I’ve been using this one for 3 months now and it’s been working fine. The sensor itself is the light. It’s green when working properly and it blinks when it is activated. My tank is in the basement, so the beeping isn’t really an issue because I probably wouldn’t hear it unless I was down there and if I was down there, I would notice the sensor flashing in the aio chamber when I look at the tank. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jaren45 said:

I had a "brain" die on mine, plugged the sensor into my duetto "brain" and it started working again. Worked great for a year before that though!

The sensor worked on the duetto but the brain was still dead? 

I had this one (see below) and sadly it was a terrible experience.  Was constantly over filling.  From what I could figure out, the sensor is designed to not be in the presence of any light and my set up (open tank with Kessil A80) interfered.  Now to my thinking a senor on a reef tank with lots of light is a really horrible design.  I get you could have it in an unlighted sump or in a chamber with a cover or something.  But the company definitely minimizes this as a possibility which is frustrating.  

They are super popular so my experience may not be representative.  Consider the light "interference" option if you have any issues.  

Good luck!  

• Wow 1

I run the lite version and it’s been great for the past year now, no issues at all. 

The lack of an audible alarm doesn’t bother me as the tank is in the most used room in the house so I’m never far away from it anyway. 

The pump is tiny so your choice of RO container is pretty wide. I currently have it in an old 3G aquarium with lid.

• Like 1

I just got the lite version set up on my pico a few weeks ago. So far all good. I like that it doesn’t have an audio alarm, cause that’s annoying lol

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Superdave said:

I had this one (see below) and sadly it was a terrible experience.  Was constantly over filling.  From what I could figure out, the sensor is designed to not be in the presence of any light and my set up (open tank with Kessil A80) interfered.  Now to my thinking a senor on a reef tank with lots of light is a really horrible design.  I get you could have it in an unlighted sump or in a chamber with a cover or something.  But the company definitely minimizes this as a possibility which is frustrating.  

They are super popular so my experience may not be representative.  Consider the light "interference" option if you have any issues.  

Good luck!  

I have two of these ATOs and have run them in sumps, as well as in tanks where they are exposed to lots of light (to the point were coralline grew on the sensor). Light is definitely not an issue with the XP Duetto... I had a similar issue a while back in one of my nano tanks, and it was due to a snail blocking the overflow, which messed with the water level in the chambers leading to an 'overflow'. 

• 2 weeks later...