ReefCleaners.org

Increase flow in Fluval 13.5

jujubanks

Hi all, I want to increase flow in my Fluval 13.5 tank. The main pump is not strong enough, and is causing detritus and diatoms to build up all over the place. 

I've been looking at the Tunze Nano Stream 6020, but reviews say it makes a clicking sound whenever it starts (or when the power goes out), or if the propeller gets out of alignment with the spindle. The form factor is great, but given that design flaw, I'm not sure if I wanna get this.

I've read about jaebo pumps, but also read that while they're a good budget option, they need to be cleaned constantly to maintain good flow, so maybe these pumps are not for me.

Can anyone recommend a pump they've used for a while in their nano tanks? Looking for a budget of around 40-60$. 

Yea, I saw some people modified their system to include a more powerful pump, but to be honest I'm not good at DIY, and I think getting a separate pump like the tunze nano would be better especially if someday I decide to get corals.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...