Top Shelf Aquatics

Kitchen corner Nano

ronix

22 hours ago, demonclownfish said:

A couple of the smaller cardinal species would do great in there 

I tried adding another fish but the 6 line is way too territorial now. He owns the tank now. 

On 11/17/2022 at 10:46 AM, ronix said:

thanks!

What are you guys using to take photos of your tanks? All my phone pics look so bad 😞

Some phones will let you adjust your white balance, otherwise orange gel filters are cheap and can just be taped on.

On 11/17/2022 at 7:46 AM, ronix said:

thanks!

What are you guys using to take photos of your tanks? All my phone pics look so bad 

I think your photos look good!

You may already know most of these, but here are some tank photography tips that I’ve put together for photographing your tank with a phone or tablet:

* make sure the glass is clean, best to keep it clean at all times so you are ready to get a good pic in the event something interesting happens in your tank 

* if using a phone or tablet, get a set of clip on lenses to filter out the blues and take good macro shots

* turn off lights in the room and close curtains/take at night to eliminate reflections 

* focus on the eyes when photographing fish or inverts with eyes

* you can turn off flow to photograph corals

* press camera against the glass or hold at right angle to subject to reduce reflections and distortion

* figure out how to take action shots on your device to photograph your fish - I use live photo or photo burst then edit to choose the best frame

* get a tripod for your phone/tablet; if no tripod available, stabilize your device by resting it against something

*use the flash to get a pic of your fish with the background dark all around the fish… you have to go through the frames to pick the one with the right exposure 

*you can also use Snapseed, a free app, to edit the photo

Sorry for the huge font! Tried to fix it but not having any luck with that!! 

• Like 2