Pod Your Reef

Kitchen corner Nano

ronix

So I am dipping back into the nano world, and I wanted to have my tank somewhere that I could enjoy it. I had this little corner tank custom built to fit here, its about 6 gallons total and I left a space at the back to hide all the the wires and space for a container for the ATO. I am planning on having this as just a coral (LPS/Zoas) and invert tank, possibly a mantis shrimp home. 

Display: 6 Gallon Custom corner tank

Water: RO for water changes, filtered fridge water for ATO

Rock: 3.5lbs of live rock

Sand: about 1.5lbs of Caribsea "live sand" 

Lighting: Aqua Knight Spectra M029 (30W) 

Heater: Nicrew 100W heater

Circulation:Sicce 1.0 Silent pump 950l/r

Skimmer: None

Filter Media: Filter Floss & Activated Carbon

Dosing: No plans to dose just yet

Top Off: Aqua duetto 

Salt Mix: Instant ocean reef crystals

Corals: coming soon

Livestock: coming soon!

frontt.jpg

front.jpg

back.jpg

• Like 9
  • Wow 4
4 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

very unique concept!! nice design.  question is: is that beer fridge or wine fridge?  well it doesn't really matter, cheers 🥃

its both! right side wine, left side beer 🍻

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, ronix said:

its both! right side wine, left side beer 🍻

now, only if the upper shelf become bourbon and/or other fine spirits, you just won yourself the best tiny little corner of the house.  🤣

• Haha 2

Still waiting on my light to arrive so I can start adding some corals. I will likely go get a few CUC members this weekend though. Extra shot of my rockwork that I am really proud of. It was tricky counter weighing each side so they are floating. A stick of epoxy putty and a tube of super glue later...

tanks.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks guys! Zoa frags will be added this week, I have about 10 different ones to spread all over the rocks. Not sure what other corals I want to add, maybe a torch or frog spawn. I thought it would have a very cool/clean look if the rock was just over grown with zoas 🙂

• Like 5

Corals have been added, a ton of zoa frags and some green frogspawn. 

Utter Chaos

Acid Reflux

Orange Oxide

Scrambled eggs

Rastas

Blue eyed blondes

Armageddon

Green apple

Greenbay packers

fruit loops

no name red zoas

tttt.jpg

tt.jpg

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

I picked up this gorgonian coral on a whim today, I’ve always thought they were a cool addition. And anyone ID it? Wondering if it’s a photosynthetic gorgonian. 

78B6B42D-B4B5-4B4E-B567-8E8513C847FB.jpeg

EA9DE05A-C4F3-42D6-9B43-357CCCE876A4.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 8 months later...

Tank is still up and running, I have been trying to make maintenance super easy. I have ran tubes down to my basement through the walls now, one for the auto top off to a 5 gallon jug that has enough RO water for a month and the other to a 10 gallon tub of premixed salt water. Now I just have to siphon out water upstairs and activate the pump via an app on my phone and the tank quickly refills. Lots of new corals, I lost my shrimp but added an emerald crab and an anemone crab. 

front.jpg

frontttt.jpg

fontt.jpg

pump.jpg

tub.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1