Pod Your Reef

Pico AI Prime

greenerdayz

Hello! I have an AI prime 16 HD about 12-14" above 7" of water, and my corals (ricordea and discosoma) seem to only be happy when on the sand. I am aiming for mostly softies and want to have them thrive on the rock if at all possible- does anyone have a suggestion for turning it down a little? I currently use a modified version (more red, green, white) of David Saxby's signature settings.

I would take out the red and green if i'm honest. At least down to 1% max. 

a bit of UV, a good portion of the blues and a little white is nice in my view. 

you won't need much over 15 watts total in that tank I wouldn't have thought. 

This is mine at 44watts over my 90gal, 2 foot deep (I have 2 primes)

Screenshot_20211204-225043.thumb.png.8285d171840d92b6094b0d9bb4e674c1.png

• Like 2
3 hours ago, greenerdayz said:

That makes sense- I am running around 40 watts now. I am going to bring it down to around 20-22 watts, with almost no red or green and way less white.

White is what'll push a ton of PAR and burn corals, you're definitely running it way too high. Given how shallow it is 10-15W in mostly blues and violets should be more than enough.

• Like 3

What size is your tank? I have an hd prime on a 2.5g about 7 inches above the tank running at  about 9 to 11watts through the day I had it at 12-15 watts but saw some minor bleaching. I'm curently growing out some lps frag a gorg frag and some macros curently.

• Like 1

It is just over a foot above the water, and the water is like 7-8” at deepest. I will crank it down even more, aiming for under 15 watts. I want my ricordeas to be happy!!!