Pod Your Reef

Lazys 2.5g Spare parts pico.

LazyFish

All used parts I had laying around or things I took from my other tanks. Most of everything will come from my other reef tanks or my friends I help maintain. Except perhaps a centerpiece invert and possibly a centerpiece coral of some sort. Not sure yet. The sand and half the rock came out my rfa tank that just got rescaped. The rest of the rock was laying around. I have some pompom macro and a mat of gsp from the same tank so far and took some stomatella snails, brittle stars and collinista snails from my peninsula and threw in. The light is a cheap aquaneat strip that puts out decent light I used it if a 5.5g planted for a while but it was too blue so I had replaced with a nicrew strip. It has whites and rgb spectrum I beleive it should support some simple softies just fine if not I have another stronger light in storage. For filtration I have an old finnex canister filter I ran this thing for 4 years on a rimless 4g reef I had going. It had carbon sponge and floss inside of it floss is seeded from my other tanks. I'm not expecting any cycle from this tank took me about an hour to get it all together and set it up. I havent even cleaned off the outside of the canister yet lol. Still a bit cloudy but it should clear soon. Tank has a glass lid. Unfortunatly it was a devided betta tank at one time someone gave it to me years ago. Theres some scratches where the devider was in the glass but it's a freebie so what.

20211010_203630.jpg

20211010_203717.jpg

20211010_203808.jpg

• Like 1

Oh and the lights on a cheap digital timer I had in the tank parts bin too. The light can also be switched to full blue mode. Dont know if I'll do a black or mirrored background I have both laying around. I may have some blue I'll have to look.

The gsp is mostly open now but I think Im going to take it out and stick back on the wall on my rfa tank. I added some red and green snake polyps to the lower right of the rock I think that lower rock area will be for zoas that I'll mostly frag from my ither tank and for the upper rock some kind of encrusting cyphastrea or lepto. I'll get a nice lps for a centerpiece a favia or goni or something. If the light isnt enough I'll swap it out. Still trying to decide on an invert.

• 2 weeks later...

Favia was doing ok with the aquaneat light but I changed the light out to my lomini asta today it has an adjustable spectrum and I can bump it up if needed. The favia looks better under this light anyway better polyp inflation too. The background was also changed out to a mirrored background. I ordered a branching  cyphastrea a bizarro and a jack o lantern lepto. 

I'll probly add 2 kinds of acan and maby a favia or something later.

Looking at a peppermint pistol shrimp or a crynoid squat lobster for this tank.

20211023_230210.jpg

20211023_230259.jpg

• Like 3

This is not a good day....I ordered corals from sunny side corals for my tank....was suposed to be here today...Ups delivered my package to freaking Utah and the delivery address even says louisiana. According to there tracking it says it was delivered to midvale ut at 5pm the same day it was sent out from salt lake ut. And was left "at the desk" and signed for by "aaa". And when the sell er called them they say it was delivered to the aaa store at "greenwell springs" at 5 pm the same day it was sent with no other onfo.

Sellers trying to track it down says if it's close enough he will go get it and re ship another day if it's not dammaged....doubt he will get it was delivered to aaa yesterday someone probly tossed it or brought it home.

Also the lomini was bugging me so I swapped it with the prime from my planted tank running it at about 12 watts way cooler than the other light it was borderline overheating. May get a deep blue professional 2.5g to swap with the tank the water stains make viewing meh and I want to have some nice pieces in here....so much for spare parts...

I was doing a water change on my planted tank and just messed my back up prety bad picking up an approximately 16lb water out of my bathtub I twisted and the water sloshed pulling me slightly the other way and PoP!. It was so bad I very nearly passed out I had to lay on the floor. I cant beleive that little bit caused this now Ive got horrible spasms....I've never had low back pain like this its usualy my upper back that gives me troubble. So much for doing all the tanks today. Guess the reefs can wait a few more days.

There IS an aaa store on greenwell springs rd in my state but its in a bad area like I would think twice about going in with an armed gaurd kind of area. There are some realy sketchy reviews and comments about them that they do horrible shoddy service and are rude and that they do drug deals in the back and smuggle the drugs in the tires and most of the parts are stolen. I seriously doubt it got from Utah to Louisiana in 3 hours if the time the seller posted they sent it out was correct.

• Wow 1

The weird part is even with one number off on the house adress it dident even make it to my general area/state according to there tracking. If it had come to the state it would have been down the street from me at one of my neighbors houses.
Ups did not return my call or answer my inquire about the package and after sevral attempts did not get back with the seller.
They do have replacements however so I'll get my replacements also on the 11th.

Oh it gets better aparently they just dumped the box at my house and ran off but my parents next door saw it and got the box. I cant asses them myself untill I get home at 7 pm. My parents are not good with a phone camera very bad pics mostly. They sound a bit confused but from what I'm understanding corals all have their tissue and dont smell bad but the water was a bit cloudy. The branching cyphastrea looks to have some tissue recession near the polyps and the lepto has some around the edges. And according to them the lepto has trash falling off it I have no idea what they are talking about. Probly some detritus or dead tissue. So I'm having to talk someone who knows nothing about coral or fish through an acclimation process........And....they are asking me where the magnets are if they can use regular magnets and how to stick them onto magnets for some reason? .....Aparently they thought that's where they go on the glass like my chalices....I have no clue.... And now they tell me they may have table salt on there hands and theres bugs or trash they are not sure comming off the corals but its not moving and none of the pictures are in focus........oh goodness....

Just took a look at them the bizarro is slightly pale but probly ok the branching one has some very slight skeleton showing slightly around polyp edges on a few spots but otherwise ok. Very small spots hard to see. The jf lethal lepto is a bit concerning it's rather pale and has some small spots of missing tissue in places. A few days should tell if the tissue sloughs off or not dont see any signs of "bugs".

20211029_195629.jpg

20211029_195758.jpg

20211029_200115.jpg

20211029_195716.jpg

They are looking better got some polyp extension this morning! My camera hates the branching cyphastrea for some reason no matter the lighting. In person its mostly a very low subtle flourecent bluegreen and bright pink polyps. My camera hates it cant even get a decent in focus shot of it.20211030_201823.jpg.fbbd54e75e59f6585f65c9d03b3fc8bd.jpg

20211030_201748.jpg

20211030_201407.jpg

20211030_201302.jpg

• Like 1

Love the branching Cyphastrea. Such a cool coral that doesn't get a lot of attention! Those shipping issues are a huge bummer! Hopefully these corals will color up quick for you! 

Yes it it I've wanted a pink and green one for a while they also come in green or red. I was impressed how much better they looked today. I'm gonna give them some time in the 20g peninsula before I move them to the 2.5g. It's more established and more stable and a better place for them to recover before I put them in there permanent home.

I decided to swap tanks ive got a much nicer 2.5g one set aside I'll probly do that this weekend. Been tweaking the light. So I downloaded photone it's a par app for android in betta testing I'm getting about 126 par at the same distance from the light to the very bottom of the tank. Just wanted a rough estamate. I imagine it's a little less with the water and all in the actual tank. According to some sites that grow  cyphastrea out they seem to hace best results around 100 par. Mine is going to be up in the rock work so it should be getting enough with my current settings on the prime. The new corals have certainly perked up even the lepto looked fleshy today. Havent seen much from.the branching cyphastreaone but the bizarro is super happy. I'm starting them at the bottom for a few days in here before I attach them higher up in the rocks once I swap tanks.

I Could actualy see the flesh of the lepto inflated over the edges of the skeleton and rippling slightly in the current at the edge... unexpected. I tried to film it but my camera as always hates my primes and the glass on this tank.

20211103_222837.jpg

20211103_222954.jpg

20211103_222633.jpg

20211103_223526.jpg

20211102_195921.jpg

• Like 1

I may end up pulling the red and green favia/favites out of here... that thing had 4 inch sweepers on it last night. I knew that was evil but dang it's even more agressive than I thought...I'll probly move it into my 20g rfa tank way on the other side away from stuff. Im prety sure this is actualy a war coral now with some irregular shaped polyps here and there. Maby I'll start a button scoly or acan garden or something in its spot. My other corals are all picked out and on there way next week. I have 2 other favia but one never puts sweepers the other has short ones this thing even puts them out in broad daylight and in a tank this size that's dangerous for the other corals. 

I'm looking to get either a crinoid squat lobster, a mated pistol or lima shrimp or a pistol x antenna goby pair for this tank. Depends on what is avalable.

Swaps happening later today the other corals I ordered are comming in. 3 more for this tank and 2 for the peninsula. There was suposed to be 4 more but idk one of the corals started to die or something they saw it yesterday right before shipping they wanted to replace with something else or refund but the replacement options were blea so I just got a refund...dosnt bode well for the rest of my order. Because of not getting the one coral I may throw my marbled bowerbanki in this tank I alredy moved the favia out it's gotten even more agressive being in such a small space with other lps prety sure that its actualy a war coral that just happened to have some funky shaped coralites at this point. Has like 4 inch sweepers on it not a good neighbor in this tiny tank. I've never seen my bowerbanki with true sweepers just feeders. As long as it's not touching I think it will be ok. 

• Wow 1

Stuffs here... unique corals stuff looks great but why put it in like 8 layered  bags lol. I had to peel that thing repeatedly to get it out. And there was tape....it was like a puzzle.

Not too impressed with the two from reef tide...the special one I got the fresh cut frag that's had 2 weeks to heal still looks too fresh for 2 weeks out. One head is even still a little dammaged from the cutting. They mounted it sideways too instead of facing up & some glue is on a polyp.... not too impressed at the price I paid for it. The coral itself is very bright tho. The freak hair also from them a stock frag is smaller than I thought. As for extras for delays and the other issue with the coral that wasnt healthy that I ended up with a refund for and not getting.....I got two advertising stickers one for them and one for a fish fourm that I dont use and one tiny extra polyp on the one they cut... I'll get some pics later when stuff opens. The tank swap was also completed.

2 new pieces for the 2.5g an orange leptoseris with white eyes and some crazy visable stripes and a freak hair pavona. The bowerbanki is in here too.

20211111_142523.jpg

20211111_142417.jpg

20211111_145231.jpg

• Like 1