inTank Media Baskets

Pico Reborn

Draco

I was bored and itching to restart my 2.7g pico tank after its been dry for a long time.

This was it in its past glory: 

I wanted something slightly different with the rockscape, something branching and taller; but couldn't find any branching rocks small enough for the tank and I really didn't want to make a mess with a hammer. So I bought a bunch of smaller rocks and epoxy'd them all together to get a tree-like formation. Its about 3lbs of rock added.

Rocks.jpg.831e3f0a4328a398368bae4529b8858a.jpg

I am not sure yet what my goals are with the tank- what kind of corals to do. Im thinking a pair of harlequin shrimps maybe since I have tons of astrina stars from my other 2 tanks. Though, its a possibility, still searching inspiration for livestock. For now, it's cycling- no rush to decide!

IMG_6116.jpg

IMG_6117.jpg

IMG_6118.jpg

• Like 8

thanks 😄

I've been communicating with seahorsesavvy, excellent customer service, btw so far- and we agreed this tank would be a great home for dwarf ponies. I had originally planned for my 20g, then I realized the 20g would be far too big for dwarfs.

So, the future planes, dwarf ponies! I am excited 😄 Now I gotta hunt around for macro aglae, fans, whips, gorgs- whatever would be small enough for the ponies

• Like 1
On 9/17/2021 at 1:41 AM, Draco said:

I was bored and itching to restart my 2.7g pico tank after its been dry for a long time.

This was it in its past glory: 

I wanted something slightly different with the rockscape, something branching and taller; but couldn't find any branching rocks small enough for the tank and I really didn't want to make a mess with a hammer. So I bought a bunch of smaller rocks and epoxy'd them all together to get a tree-like formation. Its about 3lbs of rock added.

Rocks.jpg.831e3f0a4328a398368bae4529b8858a.jpg

I am not sure yet what my goals are with the tank- what kind of corals to do. Im thinking a pair of harlequin shrimps maybe since I have tons of astrina stars from my other 2 tanks. Though, its a possibility, still searching inspiration for livestock. For now, it's cycling- no rush to decide!

IMG_6116.jpg

IMG_6117.jpg

IMG_6118.jpg

I love the black & white color mix of the sand. The rockscape looks lovely too! :happy:

• Thanks 1

One pony died. One moment it looked fine, I watched it eat, next thing I know it's dead on the ground 😞

I tested everything and all looked good. I gave the tank a good water change just in case. All others look okay I hope

• Sad 2