SaltCritters.com

Newbie-ish

stevie1493

I guess I should post in the new members' forum as I am a new member. xD I have lurked this site for years and am much more impressed with the community and quality of content available here on NR as compared to other forums. I finally decided to pull the trigger on making an account after having returned to the hobby after a 2+ year hiatus in May of this year. I wanted to keep an online aquarium journal both as a resource for others and to serve as a log in case I posted a question so that good samaritans could have more information to help me. See my journal under "Large Reefs" if you'd like. I started my first reef tank in May 2016 after exclusively keeping FW tanks since I was a kid (I'm 28 years old). I have only ever kept soft and LPS corals.

My goals in returning to the hobby are to have a 5 year reef tank, successfully keep anemones in said tank, quarantine all fish added to my DT, and learn how to dip corals.

I hope to offer reasonable experience based advice to others. I have also consumed hundreds of hours of reef keeping journals, magazine articles, YouTube videos, webinars, and forum posts. So I think I have a solid base of collective knowledge that has been imparted on me by others in the hobby...I hope to share it along with my experience as best I can.

Blessings,

-Steve

• Like 8