Coral Vue Hydros

Lazy wrasse

Xj reefing

I bought a yellow coris wrasse the other day an it ha been going to bed a longtime before dinner and waking up after breakfast. On the weekends the morning is not a problem as I wake up later but during the week I have to feed them at 7am. Will he adjust to my lights which come on with a bit a white at 6:30 and then turn off at 7? If not how could I train him to get up earlyer and go to sleep later? Or do I just have to work with him?

NoOneLikesADryTang

He’ll adjust. Give him a few weeks. Think about everything he’s been through over the last few weeks. 

Scooped out of his home in the ocean. 
Put in a bucket. 
Put in a small holding tank, most likely without sand. 
Bagged up and shipped wholesaler. 
Put in small holding tank, most likely without sand, again. 
Bagged up and shipped to store. 
Put in a small holding tank (hopefully he was in a tank with sand at your LFS).

Bagged up again, and transported to his new home (your tank). 

That’s a lot of trauma for livestock to go through in a short period of time. He should start adjusting to your light schedule in about a month. Mine usually hit the sand about half an hour to an hour before lights are off, for bed time. 

• Like 1

My lfs had him for a week before I got him and yes they had sand in his tank. Luckily shipping stress was not as bad compared to shipping to America as I live in Australia. Is it okay for the time being to just put pellets on the rocks for him to find later when he gets ups in the morning?

• Like 2