inTank Media Baskets

Question about the VCA random flow generator in IM AIO tanks

Melfy77

So I'm switching tanks (again) and considering AIO IM tanks (either 10g or peninsula 14g). My question is about the pump. From what I've read it seems that the mighty jet 326 is pretty strong, and many seem to be using a RFG. I'm looking at the one from VCA. My question is do I also need the drop on adapter (19mm)? Not sure if that made sense I'd make a terrible plumber lol. 

Also, for people using those, do you also use a wavemaker? This tank will only have softies. 

Thanks!

NoOneLikesADryTang

You will need a drop adapter for any IM tank you get, if you want to run an RFG nozzle. I would highly recommend you do run them. They’re a fantastic product. You will want to run your mighty jet on constant mode, not pulse, to get the most out of the RFG nozzle. 

If you decide to go with the 10 gallon, you’ll need the 16mm.

All other tanks from IM use the 19mm drop down adapter. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

You will need a drop adapter for any IM tank you get, if you want to run an RFG nozzle. I would highly recommend you do run them. They’re a fantastic product. You will want to run your mighty jet on constant mode, not pulse, to get the most out of the RFG nozzle. 

If you decide to go with the 10 gallon, you’ll need the 16mm.

All other tanks from IM use the 19mm drop down adapter. 

Awesome! Thanks for the info 🙂

• Like 1