SaltCritters.com

Innovative Marine 10g: Lets Talk

HalfAFarm

Howdy all! 

Long time lurker and first time poster here on this forum. Ive kept both fresh and saltwater fish for 4-5 years now, and on a fateful trip looking for macro algae for my low tech pico system i fell in love...with the innovative marine 10 g AIO. I'm excited to start with an AIO system and would love stocking suggestions/ideas/feedback discussions etc. Or if anyone has had the tank before id love info on that too- more to come as i set it up

growsomething

A couple of us have that tank.  @gena just started one I believe.  It's a great tank as far as I am concerned.  Most ppl ditch the filter sock and get a media carriage (whatever its called.)  I run no filtration, most use pillow floss in the upper chamber.  Their upgraded netting is a must.  Ato means you only do 15 min maintenance on the wknd.

The stock return pump is usually upgraded.  I use a sicce 1.0 and an rfg return nozzle.  You really don't need any other circulation.  Good luck!

20210814_124029.thumb.jpg.89152b1eb90b89ca489b92647105e7e4.jpg

20210814_124042.thumb.jpg.cf502a9d39856cc9d4b6324a174c83f1.jpg

Is it a Nuvo, or have they come out w a new 10g model?

• Like 1

Yup!  I have one.  This is my second.  I foolishly sold mine when I moved across country a few years ago.  Love this tank.  I too added the media basket/carriage and put filter floss in the top chamber.  Carbon/GFO in the second.  I only have the stock return nozzle for flow and it's fine so far although I've been thinking about adding a powerhead of some sort.  

It's a great tank!  Start a journal for yours!  I need more of them to follow :).

I know inTank makes a lot of 3-D printed pieces for popular aquariums out there, including all the IM ones. You can get media baskets, covers for the back chamber, etc. 

As far as stocking, don’t go crazy with the frags! They all fit when they’re small, but then they grow. 😆

I had a 10g IM. I used it for 2 different set up's. 

My first was a mixed reef with a clown and  that i upgraded to a 20g.

The second use was mostly soft corals and a few lps with a clown pair.

I loved the tank. No complaints

I upgraded the pump and the media basket but my tank was the older version which the pump was weak and no media basket.

The new tanks come with a mighty jet and media basket. The mighty jet is a great pump. The new  media basket is great. 

11 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I had a 10g IM. I used it for 2 different set up's. 

My first was a mixed reef with a clown and  that i upgraded to a 20g.

The second use was mostly soft corals and a few lps with a clown pair.

I loved the tank. No complaints

I upgraded the pump and the media basket but my tank was the older version which the pump was weak and no media basket.

The new tanks come with a mighty jet and media basket. The mighty jet is a great pump. The new  media basket is great. 

I'll have to look into the mighty jet.  I'm not sure what my used IM 10 came with but it's 6 years old.  Maybe next water change I'll see what pump it is.  I'm assuming it's the original stock pump but you never know.