Innovative Marine Aquariums

Favorite/Trusted Online Fish Stores?

pricewayne

pricewayne

Hi folks, tried a few searches but haven't come across any recent posts on this topic. Curious which online fish stores people trust ordering livestock from?

Ones I know of/have come across...

• LiveAquaria - I appreciate their guarantee policy but have heard mixed feedback on how they keep livestock. I've had good luck from them in the past.
  • Marine Collectors - have heard good things.
  • TSM Aquatics - have heard good things.
  • Blue Zoo Aquatics - any feedback?
  • Any other shops I should checkout?

Now I am admittedly biased in favor of the stuff out of Florida, but... my favorite online retailer is www.KPAquatics.com. A majority of the livestock in my 40g tank came from them. KPA has never let me down, and I've never had a DOA from them. They're just a small mom-and-pop store and their website is about as busted as you'd expect, but the quality is definitely there.

Edit: KPA and other retailers out of Florida also have the added benefit of being "direct from the diver" sources - unlike most retailers who offer livestock from the Indo-Pacific region, there is no wholesale middleman involved in their supply chain. Some such suppliers (like Gulf Coast Ecosystems, for example) even dive for their livestock themselves. This shortening of the supply chain dramatically reduces the environmental impact of operations, and should be of great importance to hobbyists who are interested in supporting sustainable collection practices.

• Like 3

I like kp aquatics myself orders usualy exceed my expectations. They have fish and coral and products

Cultivated reef. I've gotten good service and they filled my orders exactly as requested.  Fish and products dont think they do coral

Unique coral. Has nice looking good quality corals and there packing/shipping is good I've personaly never had a doa from them but some of ther stuff can get pricy. High turnover for corals so new stuff frequently. Unfortunatly the oversaturate the pictures especialy making browns and purples brighter and more pink. Coral and some products.

Austin aquafarms...I realy realy want to love this place large colonys good prices unique stuff sometimes but...I havent had the best shipping expearance with there stuff. It's been kind of hit or miss for me but some people swear by there stuff. Things I have recived have been almost spot in in the color. Coral and products 

Chaos aquaculture I've ordered from a few times with no issues. Coral and products

Vip reef. idk what they have now but alot of my rfa came from them. Allways healthy never doa. Not allways stocked coral and products

Got corals  another good source for nice rock flower anemones. Not always stocked coral and products.

I only ordered from blue zoo once and my order came in dead and on its death bed.

• Like 1