Coral Vue Hydros

Clownfish issue

mpugh

Maybe I will use my fluval evo 13.5 as a QT and keep the new tank fallow for a few weeks. Any idea what I can do with my coral, snails and crabs, can they stay in my new tank? 
the snails and crabs are in my new tank, but I have one piece of coral from my old tank in my new tank as that was on the live rock that I put in the new tank. My other corals are still in my fluval 

Without going back and re-reading or a Venn diagram to figure it out, both tanks are infected with Brook.  It's just that the stress of the move caused the fish's immunity to present the symptoms (what we might say as become infected); although it's been there for quite some time.

So in order to clear any tank of Brook, you must not have any fish in it for six weeks (crabs, snails, corals, and other inverts are fine).  For this particular fish (which is presenting symptoms), you should give a formalin bath as Humblefish has outlined, then place it in a non-infected tank.

For the other tank, which is also infected, you could either let it exists with Brook (assuming the fish presenting as healthy), or move the fish, treat them, and leave the infected tank fallow for six weeks.

1 hour ago, seabass said:

Without going back and re-reading or a Venn diagram to figure it out, both tanks are infected with Brook.  It's just that the stress of the move caused the fish's immunity to present the symptoms (what we might say as become infected); although it's been there for quite some time.

So in order to clear any tank of Brook, you must not have any fish in it for six weeks (crabs, snails, corals, and other inverts are fine).  For this particular fish (which is presenting symptoms), you should give a formalin bath as Humblefish has outlined, then place it in a non-infected tank.

For the other tank, which is also infected, you could either let it exists with Brook (assuming the fish presenting as healthy), or move the fish, treat them, and leave the infected tank fallow for six weeks.

Well I was going to strip down the fluval anyway in order to sell it, so it makes sense to strip that and put that as a QT and leave the new tank fallow with just my inverts and coral in there. 

got to catch my algae blenny though... took me about 30 mins to catch him in a 13 gallon, never mind a 40ish gallon 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

Humblefish

@mpugh Is mucous peeling off the fish? From what I can tell by the pictures you posted, it looks more like the clownfish may have a viral or bacterial disease than Brooklynella. I still think formalin, or alternatively a 90 minute bath using Ruby Reef Rally, is a good idea. However, I would dose Metroplex + Kanaplex in the QT itself (together every 48 hours) to treat for Brook + harmful bacteria.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Humblefish said:

@mpugh Is mucous peeling off the fish? From what I can tell by the pictures you posted, it looks more like the clownfish may have a viral or bacterial disease than Brooklynella. I still think formalin, or alternatively a 90 minute bath using Ruby Reef Rally, is a good idea. However, I would dose Metroplex + Kanaplex in the QT itself (together every 48 hours) to treat for Brook + harmful bacteria.

I’m not sure, he does have what looks like blisters on his head though. I can’t get much of a better picture unless he comes to the front of the tank
I can’t get formaldehyde 37 yet, I need to order it as my LFS has no stock

image.jpg

image.jpg

Humblefish
23 hours ago, mpugh said:

I’m not sure, he does have what looks like blisters on his head though. I can’t get much of a better picture unless he comes to the front of the tank
I can’t get formaldehyde 37 yet, I need to order it as my LFS has no stock

Just Kanaplex + Metroplex might do the trick. You can add Furan-2 to the mix to widen the spectrum of treatment, if necessary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1