Jump to content
Dafish

Does anybody have a idea what kind of hitchhiker this is?

Recommended Posts

Dafish

Hello everyone I’m just trying to find out if it’s good or bad.  I tried to figure out what this is but I can’t find anything 

8B61431E-7D46-41E1-A30F-A0D8D8780058.jpeg

1B023318-A6A9-4B90-92F7-6016E0B4923B.jpeg

26F28785-C2BD-44A2-AA2D-0C1173AD4D20.jpeg

9AA3C9C1-2321-4AA4-8E50-89E88E3E805B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Dafish

I saw it like 2months ago and it has  spread to different parts of the tank so there are a  few of them 

Share this post


Link to post
banasophia

Hmm I’m not sure... if no one replies here, a good place to post for ID help is the Club Melevsreef group on Facebook... they’re usually my go-to after nano-reef. 

Share this post


Link to post
DevilDuck

Hard to tell but they look like pineapple sponges. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dafish
4 hours ago, banasophia said:

Hmm I’m not sure... if no one replies here, a good place to post for ID help is the Club Melevsreef group on Facebook... they’re usually my go-to after nano-reef. 

yeah ill probably head over there if no one knows and update here if I find anything. thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Dafish
1 hour ago, DevilDuck said:

Hard to tell but they look like pineapple sponges. 

I have pineapple sponges or what I think are pineapple sponges this is different it has this one main stock and surrounded by little ball things 

Share this post


Link to post
Dafish

This is what I thought was pineapple sponge    

8B974E2E-916B-417D-96D3-32B2B8A72D17.png

Share this post


Link to post
Dafish

Just waiting for club melevsreef to accept me. I hope they do.    if I learn anything I’ll post here.  

Share this post


Link to post
Dafish

So after asking on club melevsreef we came to the conclusion that they maybe  digi hydroids

Share this post


Link to post
LazyFish

It is pineapple sponges.....oops saw the other pic not the first ones it didnt load the whole thread for some reason derp... not pineapples then.

Share this post


Link to post
Dafish
23 hours ago, LazyFish said:

It is pineapple sponges.....oops saw the other pic not the first ones it didnt load the whole thread for some reason derp... not pineapples then.

No worries.  I’ll add other photos just so people can see what they look like 

024FA271-D745-4F37-B5F9-2D6DF69DEF2A.jpeg

DFA9080E-F249-453D-A1E8-0FC7B99EC2B4.jpeg

A80A572C-CED6-4FB9-B573-B5F9BEC2F91C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Dafish

They suggested glueing them, scrapping them off the rocks and cutting them. I have so much now that I’m just going to cut them net what I can and hopefully the mama Mia worms and amphipods eat what I miss 

And to try to cut down on feeding so much 

Share this post


Link to post
LazyFish

If that's what's came out of your tank I agree with the hydroids. Looks like you got yourself some extra large ones. If those arnt your pictures can u get a clear one of them without the blues on or a close up. Thee grouping almost reminds me of colonial tunicates some species grow up from a stalk with a main body that sits on the end of it. That first picture in your first post looks like they have an opening in it. Do they ever stretch out with the stinger stalk reaching out like the clear one at the top of your last post or just kind of sit there. If disturbed the openings on a tunicate close up and they shrivel up if you realy bother them.

Share this post


Link to post
Dafish
4 hours ago, LazyFish said:

If that's what's came out of your tank I agree with the hydroids. Looks like you got yourself some extra large ones. If those arnt your pictures can u get a clear one of them without the blues on or a close up. Thee grouping almost reminds me of colonial tunicates some species grow up from a stalk with a main body that sits on the end of it. That first picture in your first post looks like they have an opening in it. Do they ever stretch out with the stinger stalk reaching out like the clear one at the top of your last post or just kind of sit there. If disturbed the openings on a tunicate close up and they shrivel up if you realy bother them.

All the pictures I posted are from my tank. 

Yeah I believe there open and  usually stay down low when there stretched. There not on that one anymore. So I think they miight have been eggs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
LazyFish

I hope you can get rid of them.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...