SaltCritters.com

How can I safely remove old return line nozzle??

Smokin'Reefer

Smokin'Reefer

Looking to improve flow in a very small tank, adding even a tiny 3w power head rips the water up way too much. I chose to take off return nozzle for a little more flow, also thinking of getting random flow nozzle. Its not budging and I don't want to damage the tank, try to pry it out? bad idea? let me know guys, thanks!

Tank is 9 months old but everything, rocks, some sand, coral and water came from a bigger tank that was 2 years old.

image.thumb.png.9068d7e524344e42f3df02595fc6c062.png

It should be just a slip on slip off ordeal. I agree,twist and pull and it should pop right off. 

Do you already have a VCA RFG or do you need one ? I have a ½" one I never used. 

Pliers if you cant get it by hand and twist it a bit as you pull should come off. If that's the stock pump concider an upgrade. Taking off the nozzle will increase flow but not a ton. A randome flow nozzle will make it move in new ways but the flow is actualy cut a bit. I use one on my 20 to restrict flow so it dosnt blow things around.

Rfg's are awesome but you do require a certain amount of gph for the design to work properly.

If you have the standard stock pump, its very weak, most upgrade it with sicce.

Ive found the Sicce .5 with a RFG/Spinstream is the sweet spot.  I tried that Sicce Nano and it just wasnt enough with the extra attachment.  Sicce .5 without an attachment is too much though IMO. 

• Like 1