inTank Media Baskets

Six Line Wrasse Compatibility

Crusher895

Hi guys, so I have a 32 BioCube and im looking for a 1 last fish to add to my tank for some more activity. Right now I am leaning towards getting a six line wrasse but I have a few questions. Preview attachment IMG_1894.jpg

479184478_IMG_1894(1).thumb.jpg.bfa8ca4bb512efdedd30dfc3e764bb21.jpg
cleardot.gif
My first question would be if it is compatible with all the tank mates I have already. I have a pair of clown fish and a tailspot blenny. My pair of clownfish are stilly pretty small and I think have claimed both back corners of my tank but they do go in the middle whenever no one is near the tank. I also have a tailspot blenny who I introduced to the tank about a month ago and is still pretty shy. 
My second question is if you think I have enough rockscape for one. From this picture it doesnt look like much rock but there are plenty of hiding spaces I assure you.
My third question would be if you think the size of my tank is large enough for it to roam around. 

(Also yes I have considered the pink streaked wrasse, tanakas wrasse, and possum wrasse I am just really in love with the 6line wrasse!)

NoOneLikesADryTang

The size of the tank, probably won't be an issue.

I don't see the rock work being an issue, as long as there are coves/caves for it to find a place to sleep and make it's mucus cocoon. 

The compatibility is the tough part - they can be bullies, especially to a docile fish like your blenny. If you get your six line young, you probably have some time before it becomes a territorial asshole, but it's almost certain it will at some point. They are a beautiful fish, and are great at protecting the tank from pests. 

I prefer the pink streak, as a similar looking fish, that's much more peaceful. Another option for you, that you may not have considered, is a yellow coris wrasse, but you would probably need a little more sand for it, as it's a sand sleeper. They are also good tank protectors, always out in the water column looking for snacks. 

19 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

The size of the tank, probably won't be an issue.

I don't see the rock work being an issue, as long as there are coves/caves for it to find a place to sleep and make it's mucus cocoon. 

The compatibility is the tough part - they can be bullies, especially to a docile fish like your blenny. If you get your six line young, you probably have some time before it becomes a territorial asshole, but it's almost certain it will at some point. They are a beautiful fish, and are great at protecting the tank from pests. 

I prefer the pink streak, as a similar looking fish, that's much more peaceful. Another option for you, that you may not have considered, is a yellow coris wrasse, but you would probably need a little more sand for it, as it's a sand sleeper. They are also good tank protectors, always out in the water column looking for snacks. 

would a yellow corps wrasse have enough space in my tank though? I read that it will grow up to 5" long and it needs 50 gallons. The only reason I considered the 6line is because it gets to 3". Also I don't really care much about getting a wrasse, what I am really looking for is a fish that will add a different color to the tank and that will be very active and moving all over the tank as well.

NoOneLikesADryTang

Eventually, it'll probably get big, but it'll stay reasonably sized for a few years - especially if you get one that's small. If and when you'd need to rehome it, I'm sure you'll find plenty of reefers in your area, that'd be willing to take a yellow coris off your hands, that wouldn't be willing to take a six line. 

For what it's worth, Live Aquaria recommends a 55 gallon tank for a six line. 

3 hours ago, Xj reefing said:

Have you considered a royal grammar or a peaceful damsal fish

I was considering a yellow tail damsel but decided not to because I heard they grow and become aggressive. When I thought about the royal gramma I was choosing between him and purple orchid dotty back. To be honest I would rather choose from one of those two but last night I found some pests in my tank and wanted to try and get rid of it naturally. Not sure what they are yet so I am going to create a new post to ask and find out. If they help my tank out and wont harm anything in the future than I will definitely choose from those 2!