Pod Your Reef

Hydros controller alarm shutoff?

MainelyReefer

MainelyReefer

Had a power outage this morning, tank dropped to 72.  Power comes back on, hydros doesn’t even start the heater until it was reconnected to the internet(a few extra minutes, at worst that could have been longer). Now it won’t stop beeping, texting me, emailing me.  It doesn’t have a button to stop it, short of changing it’s acceptable parameters to include 72 I’m not sure how to get it to stop beeping.  Do I have to wait until it’s up to temp?  I try clicking on the tile for heat but am not prompted to stop an alarm. Beyond the red lettering there is actually little indication from the app itself an alarm is occurring.  D2F1320E-12E0-42B6-9359-FA1AF79C75FF.thumb.png.5aea8a3bf0b7cfbd34b3b33928f795d2.png27790FF2-A745-4B68-9646-B0E9A277BBF0.thumb.png.55126946958529308dfcd233d010a4ad.png
as you can see this has happened before and that’s why my acceptable range is 74-81.  @CoralVue Aquarium Products Please help me stop this f***ing thing so annoying

3 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

So I just changed my acceptable low range to below 72 and it stopped, here’s to hoping that’s not my only option

You can change the alarm level to a color that does not have the audible alarm. 
Mine is set:

Yellow - Email

Orange - Email, Text

Red - Email, Text, Alarm

Momentarily setting your heater alarm to yellow (assuming no Audible for Yellow) would at least turn off the alarm.

• Like 1
MainelyReefer
2 hours ago, Hasted said:

You can change the alarm level to a color that does not have the audible alarm. 
Mine is set:

Yellow - Email

Orange - Email, Text

Red - Email, Text, Alarm

Momentarily setting your heater alarm to yellow (assuming no Audible for Yellow) would at least turn off the alarm.

Thanks for the idea! Unfortunately settling for a work around that potentially leaves the system vulnerable if I forget to reset the workaround is against the whole idea of the product itself which is to offer automation lol

I feel ya. Everyone's set up is different and hard to nail down everyone. 

For example:

Mine temp is set to yellow by default. My Inkbird would yell at me prior to that. Which DOES have an off for audible alarm. 

MainelyReefer
37 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Good feedback you should email to them @GraniteReefer, I imagine it's something they could write into a future firmware update? A way to silence an alarm once it has been acknowledged.

I agree it could likely be updated very easily.  I have been really pleased with the hydros so far.  But failing to have simple things like an audible alarm mute button; or a way for the consumer to inform the controller that they are aware and taking corrective action, has me worried that other simplistic things were overlooked.