Pod Your Reef

Cheato in Rear Compartment, Macroalgae in display.

Heydude

Hi all, 

I have an Aquaone Nano 35, this tank if you don't know it has built in rear compartments for the heater, pump and filter media etc. 

My questions are, could I put cheato in one of these compartments, are there any benefits of doing so? 

Also, thinking of putting some macroalgae in the display area, what are your thoughts on this, any suggestions as to species to look for? 

Thanks in advance, 

Tony. 

3 hours ago, Heydude said:

Hi all, 

I have an Aquaone Nano 35, this tank if you don't know it has built in rear compartments for the heater, pump and filter media etc. 

My questions are, could I put cheato in one of these compartments, are there any benefits of doing so? 

Also, thinking of putting some macroalgae in the display area, what are your thoughts on this, any suggestions as to species to look for? 

Thanks in advance, 

Tony. 

You certainly can put chaeto in the back compartment, but depending on how much or how little light overflow there is from your main lighting solution, you may need a dedicated grow light for it in the proper spectrum that stimulates plant growth specifically. Something like the JBJ nano-glow fuge LED, just for example. Another thing you’ll want to consider is how easy or difficult will it be to maintain that area when the chaeto needs to be trimmed. 

I would also look into an algae scrubber, as that is also another alternative to just throwing chaeto back there with a grow light. 

If you want to check out what macroalgae species might work in your tank, I highly recommend taking a look at @Tigahboy tanks. 

2 hours ago, Zer0 said:

You certainly can put chaeto in the back compartment, but depending on how much or how little light overflow there is from your main lighting solution, you may need a dedicated grow light for it in the proper spectrum that stimulates plant growth specifically. Something like the JBJ nano-glow fuge LED, just for example. Another thing you’ll want to consider is how easy or difficult will it be to maintain that area when the chaeto needs to be trimmed. 

I would also look into an algae scrubber, as that is also another alternative to just throwing chaeto back there with a grow light. 

If you want to check out what macroalgae species might work in your tank, I highly recommend taking a look at @Tigahboy tanks. 

Hi,

Thank you for the advice, I will certainly look in to the things you've mentioned. 

Tony.