inTank Media Baskets

Help? Loosing a hammer and unsure about how to fix water quality

Thetravelguy

NoOneLikesADryTang

Spectrapure is the best RODI unit on the market. Their customer service is top notch. Give them a call, and they’ll talk you through what you need. They’re local (Arizona) for me, so I’ve stopped in numerous times to pick their brains on issues I’ve had, and our water in Arizona is notoriously bad. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Spectrapure is the best RODI unit on the market. Their customer service is top notch. Give them a call, and they’ll talk you through what you need. They’re local (Arizona) for me, so I’ve stopped in numerous times to pick their brains on issues I’ve had, and our water in Arizona is notoriously bad. 

Are you local to AZdesertRat?  I always enjoyed reading his posts - lots of good info.   It's true though - anyone can put together an RO filter and sell thousands on Amazon.  You do get much better product (and support) from a reputable source who has a reputation for delivering quality units.  Especially for something like an RO/DI filter that's actually really complicated if you think about it. 

NoOneLikesADryTang
1 hour ago, ajmckay said:

Are you local to AZdesertRat?  I always enjoyed reading his posts - lots of good info.   It's true though - anyone can put together an RO filter and sell thousands on Amazon.  You do get much better product (and support) from a reputable source who has a reputation for delivering quality units.  Especially for something like an RO/DI filter that's actually really complicated if you think about it. 

He’s been a part of our local reefing club, but he actually has some health issues, that’s forced him out of the hobby, sadly. He’s a wealth of knowledge. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

He’s been a part of our local reefing club, but he actually has some health issues, that’s forced him out of the hobby, sadly. He’s a wealth of knowledge. 

Bummer 😞  

I’m pretty sure the high phosphates and other potential water issues caused by the bad ro water was the culprit. Since starting water changes my devils hand leather has started to perk up and my remaining monti almost immediately colored up and extended polyps. I’ve attached some pictures. Mostly to update those that followed and hopefully help anyone who stumbles upon it later and needs help. 

D9111B5A-318D-4908-9AB4-4B3F00BF8F47.jpeg

8A0798B7-3D2C-464E-B665-ACDC23B5DF45.jpeg

A9ACE2D8-78A0-4E15-9147-0378E2102FEB.jpeg

624356EF-A365-4EF6-88E1-7544002332BE.jpeg

On 1/20/2021 at 1:38 AM, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

I've been wondering.  😕   If you still have any contact with him, let him know we're thinking of him (he might remember me since we both go back a ways), we miss him and wish him well.  👍